NBA Finals - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

NBA Finals

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:53 pm

Wow. 8-o As bad as the whole series has been, that game last night was especially painful. :-o :-P I don't know how anyone can think that there are conspiracies in the NBA -- at least not ones to get favorable matchups that people would watch. :-?

I think with the win the Spurs have pretty much solidified their spot as the best team in the league. They beat the Suns playing their game (fun, exciting, watchable basketball) and then beat the Pistons in the ugliest seven games I have ever seen playing their way (painful, see-who-can-get-away-with-more-fouls, incredibly-physical basketball).
Image
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 6480
Joined: 6 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Swiping second

Postby Kingctb27 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:40 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:Wow. 8-o As bad as the whole series has been, that game last night was especially painful. :-o :-P I don't know how anyone can think that there are conspiracies in the NBA -- at least not ones to get favorable matchups that people would watch. :-?

I think with the win the Spurs have pretty much solidified their spot as the best team in the league. They beat the Suns playing their game (fun, exciting, watchable basketball) and then beat the Pistons in the ugliest seven games I have ever seen playing their way (painful, see-who-can-get-away-with-more-fouls, incredibly-physical basketball).

Hey, easy with my Spurs their, Good Buddy ;-D ;-7 . Either way, I'll be in S.A. tommarrow seeing my baby's momma Eva O:-)
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion
Posts: 7189
Joined: 11 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Golfing

Postby bceagles04 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:49 pm

acsguitar wrote:NBA zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and you look great as usual maxwell


yup, i can honestly say i didnt watch one second of the series, i actually didnt find out who won until i checked this thread. Its ironic because i dont watch NBA, yet i won $3 on the Spurs, pretty sweet i guess.
Image
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3089
Joined: 8 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at my computer

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:20 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:damn - they almost pulled off the upset too.

Great series - it was a classic.

How do I look?


You look great. :-b

As for the series, I think that it was average overall. The last 3 games were great but the first 4 sucked.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:36 am

that was probably the worse game 7 that i have ever seen in my life... i know that some of you are big time NBA fans, but i just dont see how in the world a person could like the NBA over the NCAA... i will take the UNC-Illinois game over the Detroit-San Antonio game any day of the week(even if the UNC game had had a different outcome :-D ).....


anyways congrats to the spurs on the championship even though it is not that big of an accomplishment imo.....
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.

Postby Kingctb27 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:21 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:anyways congrats to the spurs on the championship even though it is not that big of an accomplishment imo.....

Here's where I disagree......What more can the Spurs do? This makes you the best team in basketball, period. To me, thats means something.
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion
Posts: 7189
Joined: 11 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Golfing

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:38 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:that was probably the worse game 7 that i have ever seen in my life... i know that some of you are big time NBA fans, but i just dont see how in the world a person could like the NBA over the NCAA... i will take the UNC-Illinois game over the Detroit-San Antonio game any day of the week(even if the UNC game had had a different outcome :-D ).....


anyways congrats to the spurs on the championship even though it is not that big of an accomplishment imo.....


The first 4 games sucked but the last 3 were very good at least. I don't see how it wasn't that big of an accomplishment. :-?

kingctb27 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:anyways congrats to the spurs on the championship even though it is not that big of an accomplishment imo.....

Here's where I disagree......What more can the Spurs do? This makes you the best team in basketball, period. To me, thats means something.


Agreed. I am not a big NBA fan but what the Spurs did against the defending champs was very sweet. ;-D
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 30
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Oakland at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact