Moderator: Baseball Moderators

NBA Finals

Postby davidmarver » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:49 am

NBA Finals...you predict the outcome.

I'm thinking Pistons in 6.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby so0perspam » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:01 am

I like the Spurs in 6.

Game 1- Spurs
Game 2- Spurs
Game 3- Pistons
Game 4- Spurs
Game 5- Pistons
Game 6- Spurs

Just love Tim Duncan way too much. Bowen will neutralize Rip Hamilton, Detroit's primary scorer, and San Antonio's fastbreak will prove too much for Detroit to handle. Horry is huge off the bench ... he can contain Rasheed and allow Duncan to match up and shut down Big Ben.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby daullaz » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:06 am

I've also been saying Pistons in 6.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:47 am

I sure hope it's the Spurs. I just can't stand the Pistons and the style of "basketball" (and I use the term loosely) they play. :-t
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Madison » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:16 am

Not a basketball fan at all. :-P
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby reznorsboy » Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:26 am

Madison wrote:Not a basketball fan at all. :-P

;-D

Basketball :-P
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WharfRat » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:32 am

My interest in basketball dies after March Madness, especially when it involves the Pistons and Spurs.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:04 am

WharfRat wrote:My interest in basketball dies after March Madness, especially when it involves the Pistons and Spurs.

I'm usually the same way, but I'll follow the NBA conference finals and finals just because I'm a sports fan in general.

I guess I just don't get the "beauty" of a 75-77 triple OT slugfest, but I would have loved to see a Suns/Heat Spus/Heat matchup personally. I guess it's because I'm more of a casual fan of basketball, but I've always thought the "good defense" of teams like DET is just a cheap way to neutralize true basketball talent. When teams play physical defense it seems that the game devolves into a battle in the post and just becomes a messy and -- for me at least -- unwatchable spectacle. I would rather see a game where teams can get out and run the fast break, a style which is more conducive to displaying the talent of great shooters, superior ball handlers, and great finishers over a glorified battle for position on the block. I may be way off on this one, but I'm afraid that's what this series will end up being, because San Antonio will play to the style that wins, and you can't force DET to play watchable basketball. :-P
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby WharfRat » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:53 am

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
WharfRat wrote:My interest in basketball dies after March Madness, especially when it involves the Pistons and Spurs.

I'm usually the same way, but I'll follow the NBA conference finals and finals just because I'm a sports fan in general.

I guess I just don't get the "beauty" of a 75-77 triple OT slugfest, but I would have loved to see a Suns/Heat Spus/Heat matchup personally. I guess it's because I'm more of a casual fan of basketball, but I've always thought the "good defense" of teams like DET is just a cheap way to neutralize true basketball talent. When teams play physical defense it seems that the game devolves into a battle in the post and just becomes a messy and -- for me at least -- unwatchable spectacle. I would rather see a game where teams can get out and run the fast break, a style which is more conducive to displaying the talent of great shooters, superior ball handlers, and great finishers over a glorified battle for position on the block. I may be way off on this one, but I'm afraid that's what this series will end up being, because San Antonio will play to the style that wins, and you can't force DET to play watchable basketball. :-P

I agree wholeheartedly, although if you're a Detroit fan I'm sure that doesn't mean much, as long as it works. I was on the other side of that coin too, when people said the same thing about the Devils in the NHL, about how the defensive style they played when they were winning their 3 titles was excruciatingly boring. I don't even like hockey all that much, but I'm enough of a homer to sit through hours of dull Devils hockey. ;-D
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:55 am

Not a big fan of the NBA but this might be a good chance for some people to do a PBC. ;-D

For the record, I like the Spurs in 6.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Next

Return to General Talk