How can i fix this team? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How can i fix this team?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How can i fix this team?

Postby Howie » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:42 am

yeah, so im in 9th place in a 12 team roto...8x8 (r, hr, rbi, k, bb, sb, avg, ops; ip, w, l, sv, k, bb, era, whip). what can i do to fix this team? best hitters available are holliday, crisp, and encarnacion, best pitchers are haren and k. wells.

my team

c - varitek
1b - helton
2b - grudzielanek
ss - young
3b - lowell
if - sweeney
of - wells
of - giles
of - dellucci
util - taveras
util - hillenbrand
bench - womack
dl - guerrero

sp - sheets
sp - patterson
sp - young
rp - nathan
rp - lyon (dl)
p - turnbow
p - schmidt
p - ol. perez
bench - harang
bench - bedard (dl)
bench - od. perez (dl)
dl - harden
Howie
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SCRanger » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:56 am

Well, two things I see that are killing you right away. Helton and Lowell. Helton has no protection. People aren't going to pitch to him. Lowell is struggling. With Vlad on the DL, your offense is hurting. I would consider dangling Vlad out there and see what offers you get. Don't trade him right away, but see if you can get a bid war started and reap the benefits. Only downside is that Vlad is an OF. There is usually plenty of good OFs, not as good as Vlad mind you, but usually good ones.

You can drop Holliday from your list of hits out there. He just broke a finger. Crisp or Encarcion look like the best option of the three. However, there might be some hitters that are buried. Willy Mo Pena just got off the DL, and if he isn't on a team, grab him. The Big Hurt is playing again, and already has 2 Homeruns. Might not be a bad option.

But it looks like the DL is what is killing you. You have three good pitchers on it, and Vlad. See what people will offer for Vlad. I'm sure they will ignore that he is on the DL. He is slated for return soon.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=136703
SCRanger
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team