Suggestions greatly appreciated... (leave link) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Suggestions greatly appreciated... (leave link)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Suggestions greatly appreciated... (leave link)

Postby NJDevil » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:57 pm

Hiya all, im new to the website... lookin for a little advice, or the opportunity to give some... leave a link to your team.

Anywhoo... I play in a 9-team Yahoo! Rotisserie League. The hitting point categories are as follows: R,2B,3B,HR,RBI,SB,AVG... The pitching point categories are: W,CG,SHO,SV,ER,HR,BB,K... Currently, there is a four-team dogfight for first place, and the rest of the teams are somewhere in the middle, markedly behind myself and the other three top teams... My lineup looks like this:

C - A. Pierzynski (CWS - C) <----replacement for Lopez
1B - D. Ortiz (BOS - 1B)
2B - J. Reyes (NYM - 2B,SS)
3B - E. Chavez (OAK - 3B)
SS - M. Tejada (BAL - SS)
OF - D. Roberts (SD - OF)
OF - M. Cameron (NYM - OF)
OF - S. Finley (LAA - OF)
Util - T. Helton (COL - 1B)
Util - A. Huff (TB - 1B,3B,OF)
BN - J. Thome (PHI - 1B)
BN - A. Jones (ATL - OF)
BN - J. LopezDL (BAL - C)
DL - S. RolenDL (STL - 3B)

Pitching:
SP - P. Martinez (NYM - SP)
SP - J. Garland (CWS - SP)
RP - T. Hoffman (SD - RP)
RP - E. Guardado (SEA - RP)
P - D. Turnbow (MIL - SP,RP)
P - S. Shields (LAA - RP)
BN - J. Lieber (PHI - SP) <----- @*%#ing homeruns killin me
BN - M. HamptonDL (ATL - SP)
BN - E. BedardDL (BAL - SP)

If the injury bug did not jump up and bite me in the ***, I am confident that I would be owning this league... Chavez was dropped towards the beginning of the season and I was fortunate to pick him up just as he started to hit. Rolen and Thome were both dropped by other managers when they were injured, although my patience for Thome is wearing thin. I think Rolen is worth the wait, although if Chavez stays hot, Rolen would be one hell of a bargaining chip. Pierzynski was just picked up to fill in for Lopez while he is out, and Cameron, Garland, Turnbow, and Bedard were fortunate FA pickups.

I definitely need another solid starting pitcher, and perhaps a closer, since my only regular sources of saves are from Hoffman and Guardado. I drafted Benitez, but unfortunately he got hurt early, and I still haven't found a suitable replacement. With Rodriguez back in LA, Shields isn't as viable a source as before.

Any ideas who I could package to get either a top closer or SP? Or anything? The only untouchables would have to be Tejada, Pedro, Hoffman, and Guardado.

Leave any suggestions, and a link to your team!
Thanks!
NJDevil
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Swinger » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:29 am

Some quick fixes: Do drop Lieber: he is, and always has been, a home-run giving freak, and his ballpark is working against him. Hampton isn't worth keeping either. I'm also highly inclined to disagree with starting Finley and Roberts over Thome and Jones.
Swinger
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby lyons595 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:20 am

I also agree: start Jones & Thome. I think you may want to look for a 2B, but do not need one. You could move Huff, Finley, Roberts or even Rolen and get a pretty good one. I would try to move Garland now for another SP. He is a 5th starter who has had good run support and been matched up other 5s, and he will drop off in the 2nd half IMO. His value is great right now, so moving him for a proven SP who has struggled a bit should be easy (Sheets?).

Help me:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=137030[/quote]
lyons595
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 217)

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:34 pm

Drop Lieber man
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Oliver Perez » Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:18 pm

Lieber? Oh god, why? Being a fan of Philly, i've seen his idiocy firsthand for a while. Try to find a bargain on the WW like Patterson, Capuano, Chris Young, or even Halsey.

Take a look here:
http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=137252
Oliver Perez
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team