Blue Jays Rotation - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Toronto Blue Jays

Blue Jays Rotation

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Blue Jays Rotation

Postby Rance Mulliniks » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:45 am

So with Bush in the minors, and Gaudin's recent stink-up in Oakland along with some rocky performances by Towers, who do you guys see in the Blue Jays rotation for the rest of the year?

Other than Doc, I don't think they can be 100% comfortable with anyone, though Chacin has been a pleasant surprise.

Does Walker ever get a shot? Anyone else coming up from Syracuse?
Mulliniks Watch: Still stuck on 1325 games 3569 AB 445 R 972 H 73 HR 435 RBI 0.272 AVG 15 SB
Rance Mulliniks
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:07 am

The only halfway decent starter in Syracuse right now is Rosario but I don't think that he's the man. If they move Walker into the rotation they could always call up Marcum or Lundberg for the pen. Too bad league isn't doing very well.

Casey Jannsen is doing a good job down in Dunedin but that's a big jump to the majors.

Pete Walker has not had much success as a starter (I know that he won 10 games a few years ago) but he is doing so well in the pen I don't know whether they want to tamper with that. With lefty Downs injured they can't move Schowenweise. There don't seem to be a lot of options. Gaudin will get one more start - let's hope that he does ok. If not it's Walker or a trade.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 283)

Postby Rance Mulliniks » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:32 am

With the cash that is supposed to be available at the deadline, it will be interesting to see if/what JP targets. Pitching help is always good - I get a feeling they'll move one of their extra outfielders (maybe Gross who is blocked from getting a job in TO)

Even if Downs were healthy, I don't see Schoeneweis starting in Toronto. He's purely been a situational guy and likely doesn't have the stamina.

I agree Rosario doesn't really deserve a shot - he didn't look great at AA last year and hasn't done much at AAA this year. I was surprised they turned Arnold into a reliever. Justin Miller is always a possibility, too.

I think Marcum is a real wild card. He pitched great at AA and in his 2 starts at Syracuse has been impressive (17k, 1bb in 13 innings). Since he started the year in AA they probably don't want to rush him.
Mulliniks Watch: Still stuck on 1325 games 3569 AB 445 R 972 H 73 HR 435 RBI 0.272 AVG 15 SB
Rance Mulliniks
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:11 am

I agree on Marcum. I don't think that they want to rush him and if they brought him up (which they might do as a Sept call up if he continues to do well) I think that it would be as a reliever but right now I think that Lundberg is ahead of him for that job.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 283)

Postby reznorsboy » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:05 pm

I think this Chacin Kid is gonna be a good one.

Towers looked good against the Cubs!! He just need to come inside more on the hitters. Once he learns to brush people back he will becom emore effective. His success seems to depend on the outside piches which are more effective with the odd inside pitch thrown in there. ;-D
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BTerran » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:05 am

I think Gaudin will get another shot, though with the off-day there's no reason why he needs to be in this next series against the Astros.

For now it's looking like Halladay, Chacin, Lilly and Towers will be here until atleast the end of the season but I wouldn't be surprised if the Jays try to trade for a more dependable #5 guy. After all they're still in the thick of things, especially with Baltimore looking more human lately. They shouldn't go crazy and trade away key prospects, but if they can get maybe one or two decent SP/RP before the trade deadline then that might be enough.
BTerran
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Toronto Blue Jays