#1 waiver priority - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

#1 waiver priority

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

#1 waiver priority

Postby tlsttsk » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:11 am

who do you guys think is the worthiest of a number 1 waiver wire use. not counting a dumb drop, are there any other prospects worth waiting for to use a top wiaver wire spot? is marte the cream of the crop this season?

last season i kept the number one for bj upton. it didnt help me out much then but it is a dynasty league and needless to say i never risked dropping him.
tlsttsk
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thehat » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:13 am

You never can tell with rookies, but Marte is so highly regarded I think you almost have to take him so that your competition doesn't.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:42 am

I'd save it for Felix Hernandez.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby rotterdam_82 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:04 am

Agree and agree. If you need future pitching, save it. Felix will be up at some point. If you need a lock .300 30 100 guy, Marte is your man.....[/b]
Rate my team, leave me a link!
[url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349]English Villains[/url]
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Laean » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:02 am

rotterdam_82 wrote:Agree and agree. If you need future pitching, save it. Felix will be up at some point. If you need a lock .300 30 100 guy, Marte is your man.....[/b]

how soon will marte be a 30 100 .300 player? will he have any fantasy value this year?
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Webster11 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:16 am

Save it for Felix. Im in the same situation as you and thats what im doing. Delmon Young is probably a better option than Marte if you want hitting instead of pitching
Webster11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby rotterdam_82 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:54 am

Laean wrote:
rotterdam_82 wrote:Agree and agree. If you need future pitching, save it. Felix will be up at some point. If you need a lock .300 30 100 guy, Marte is your man.....[/b]

how soon will marte be a 30 100 .300 player? will he have any fantasy value this year?

It's always difficult to tell with prospects on how they are going to pan out, but I have him down for those numbers from 2007 and beyond. Its not unreasonable to expect .280 25 80 out of him next season, should he continue to progress at the rate he has. It realy depends on what the Braves do with him as far as this year goes (i.e. I have no idea).

Ive heard nothing to suggest Young will be called up earlier than 06. I could be wrong.
Rate my team, leave me a link!
[url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349]English Villains[/url]
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Baseball Leftovers