Helton injured? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Helton injured?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Helton injured?

Postby bunter » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:06 am

Someone in another thread is saying that Helton has a bad back and could go on the DL in the next couple of days...

Anyone has any information on this?
bunter
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PlayingWithFire » Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:26 am

He is ASSUMING he have a bad back because the same thing happened to Vlad 2 years ago. I am shipping him today.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LionsandTigersOhMy » Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:01 pm

I have no source for my bad back prdiction. I just said that the exact same thing happened to me with Vlad a few years back. Everyone kept saying he would come around but he never did. Helton has had back problems in the past and I am making a BOLD prediction that he is hurt. Guys like him and Vlad do not drop off the face of the earth for no reason!
LionsandTigersOhMy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bunter » Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:24 pm

LionsandTigersOhMy wrote:I have no source for my bad back prdiction. I just said that the exact same thing happened to me with Vlad a few years back. Everyone kept saying he would come around but he never did. Helton has had back problems in the past and I am making a BOLD prediction that he is hurt. Guys like him and Vlad do not drop off the face of the earth for no reason!

Were you saying the same thing about Chavez 2 weeks ago?

Maybe Helton is injured... but if they want to trade him to Baltimore or anyone else (as the rumors are saying since the start of the season) i don't know why they would let him play if he has a bad back.

Helton's problem is this thing called a "slump"!!! So let not just say anything up in the air and trade a guy who could kill you later in the season by giving stats to someone in front of you in the standings in september.

Maybe you're right and he is injured... if so... then i'll be the first one to tell you you were right. But i will never trade a proven player like him only cause someone on a fantasy baseball forum thinks that he is injured without really knowing it.

This said... i can't wait to see him drive the ball in the outfield! ;-D
bunter
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tomkatt » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:25 pm

bunter wrote:
LionsandTigersOhMy wrote:I have no source for my bad back prdiction. I just said that the exact same thing happened to me with Vlad a few years back. Everyone kept saying he would come around but he never did. Helton has had back problems in the past and I am making a BOLD prediction that he is hurt. Guys like him and Vlad do not drop off the face of the earth for no reason!

Were you saying the same thing about Chavez 2 weeks ago?

Maybe Helton is injured... but if they want to trade him to Baltimore or anyone else (as the rumors are saying since the start of the season) i don't know why they would let him play if he has a bad back.

Helton's problem is this thing called a "slump"!!! So let not just say anything up in the air and trade a guy who could kill you later in the season by giving stats to someone in front of you in the standings in september.

Maybe you're right and he is injured... if so... then i'll be the first one to tell you you were right. But i will never trade a proven player like him only cause someone on a fantasy baseball forum thinks that he is injured without really knowing it.

This said... i can't wait to see him drive the ball in the outfield! ;-D

May never happen again. I feel a season's worth of K's & ground outs to first coming.
tomkatt
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Injuries & Player Updates