Will the Yankees ever sacrifice bunt?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Will the Yankees ever sacrifice bunt??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby beltrans_boy » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:58 pm

I think it's ridiculous to intentionally make an out at any time, unless you're scoring in the process. And even then, it's still kind of self-defeating.
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby reznorsboy » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:04 pm

beltrans_boy wrote:I think it's ridiculous to intentionally make an out at any time, unless you're scoring in the process. And even then, it's still kind of self-defeating.

Even when it's a pitcher up to bat that can't hit?
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jjigglers » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:37 pm

reznorsboy wrote:
beltrans_boy wrote:I think it's ridiculous to intentionally make an out at any time, unless you're scoring in the process. And even then, it's still kind of self-defeating.

Even when it's a pitcher up to bat that can't hit?

I think it's embarrassing that pitchers are THAT bad at hitting.
jjigglers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby geaux » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:51 pm

Can you believe the Rangers only have 2 sacrifice hits on the year??? Red Sox next with 3, Yankees 6th with 10 on the season. DBacks have the most with 32.
geaux
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:56 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:Sorry, acsguitar. I'm mostly a fan of your Yankees opinions but you're off on this one and so are a couple more people here. There is no such thing as a rookie (Cano especially) bunting on his own in the 9th inning down by 1. Torre gave him the signal, it's obvious. Second, when the hell do you bunt a guy over from 2nd to 3rd with Nobody out down by 1? You're wasting an out, and thus a chance to drive him in on a single where he may not get to third anyway if the bunt is bad. I say with a runner on 2nd and 0 out, down 1 on the road you swing away and try to not only tie the game, but maybe get something going and take the lead. Especially with the top of the order coming up. Sojo probably told him to stop trying to bunt since Williams got into scoring position on his own on the wild pitch. I have no problem with that...

Torre's management of the bullpen and the lineup this season is a completely different issue and when I think about it, it makes me... :-P .... Yepp there I go again throwing up in my mouth.

YOU BUNT HIM OVER! Are you kidding me? A sac fly then scores him...easy ! BUNT BUNT BUNT BUNT BUNT BUNT BUNT...A ROokie can bunt its the easiest thing to do!

You have to be kidding me
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers