Tonight's the night (Sox on Queer Eye) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Tonight's the night (Sox on Queer Eye)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tonight's the night (Sox on Queer Eye)

Postby nsulham » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:53 am

As much as it pains me to say it, tonight's the episode of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy featuring the Red Sox :-[

Damon, Tek, Millar, Wake and Mirabelli all took part in getting made over. It wasn't a total loss though...at least a local Little league benefited from it with money raised.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RJCarrot » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:09 am

How come I figured out of the people chosen those would be some that would let them do it.

Manny and Ortiz just dont strike me as the "Get made over by gay men" type.

I could just see that big flaming one saying oh comeon big papi...

*Shivvers*
RJCarrot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: In a clock tower w/ a high powered rifle in clear view of David Bell in the batters box.

Postby blankman » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:37 am

I if were a Red Sock fan, I sure wouldn't have brought it up }:-)
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby nsulham » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:08 am

blankman wrote:I if were a Red Sock fan, I sure wouldn't have brought it up }:-)

So what? As I said, it was for a good cause so who cares? :-°
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:38 am

I'm sure theyll do an excellent job
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby reznorsboy » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:28 pm

Maybe they will be a good luck charm for the Pink sox and they will do it every year!!
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BigMusky » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:34 pm

Bizcocho de fruta
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Pacman » Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:52 pm

I'm not crazy about the whole "Queer Eye" thing. But I heard Theo Epstein back in March (when they taped this program) talking about the concept behind doing a show like this. He basically admited that it's a solid marketing move -- that housewives in Oregon or North Dakota or anywhere else in the US, who LOVE that "Queer Eye" show, but have never been interested in any MLB team, might be inclined to start following the Red Sox.

It sounded far-fetched to me, but a good friend of mine, who's in marketing for a large retail chain, agrees 100% with the strategy. He feels most teams will follow the Sox lead in years to come, and do more "outside the box" marketing in order to maximize marketing to potential future customers (who might buy merchandise, tickets, etc...)

Personally, I won't be watcing Bravo tonight, I'll be watching the Sox battle the classy Cardinals on NESN.

;-D
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby WharfRat » Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:49 pm

Pacman wrote:I'm not crazy about the whole "Queer Eye" thing. But I heard Theo Epstein back in March (when they taped this program) talking about the concept behind doing a show like this. He basically admited that it's a solid marketing move -- that housewives in Oregon or North Dakota or anywhere else in the US, who LOVE that "Queer Eye" show, but have never been interested in any MLB team, might be inclined to start following the Red Sox.

It sounded far-fetched to me, but a good friend of mine, who's in marketing for a large retail chain, agrees 100% with the strategy. He feels most teams will follow the Sox lead in years to come, and do more "outside the box" marketing in order to maximize marketing to potential future customers (who might buy merchandise, tickets, etc...)

Personally, I won't be watcing Bravo tonight, I'll be watching the Sox battle the classy Cardinals on NESN.

;-D

Sounds like an open-door policy to bandwagoneers, and the Sox (and the Yanks) have enough of a problem with that already. :-t
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby beltrans_boy » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:53 pm

WharfRat wrote:
Pacman wrote:I'm not crazy about the whole "Queer Eye" thing. But I heard Theo Epstein back in March (when they taped this program) talking about the concept behind doing a show like this. He basically admited that it's a solid marketing move -- that housewives in Oregon or North Dakota or anywhere else in the US, who LOVE that "Queer Eye" show, but have never been interested in any MLB team, might be inclined to start following the Red Sox.

;-D

Sounds like an open-door policy to bandwagoneers, and the Sox (and the Yanks) have enough of a problem with that already. :-t

Believe me, any major league team would welcome bandwagoneers if they could get them.
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to General Talk