So, what is your take on Matsui - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

So, what is your take on Matsui

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

So, what is your take on Matsui

Postby bceagles04 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:35 pm

I took him in the 6th round and thought it was a steal, but so far nothing at all. .267, 4 HR, 39 RBI and 34 Runs, now the RBI and RUns arent so bad, but where is this power? and what happened to the .300 hitter? Right now he has about no trade value in my league. What is goin on?
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WharfRat » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:58 pm

I think he's pretty good.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby bceagles04 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:02 pm

thanks for that deep insight
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WharfRat » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:05 pm

You're welcome. :-) Just messin around.

But seriously, hang onto him. He's been struggling a bit, but the Rs and RBIs are still decent. That power stroke and the average will come around. It's not like he's off to a Chavez start.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby beltrans_boy » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:11 pm

Matsui should be a solid performer from now until the end of the season unless he's hiding an injury. See Eric Chavez, Victor Martinez and Vernon Wells for how quickly fortunes can change in a baseball season. Just last week, people were asking if they should drop Victor Martinez. Now, he's a hot commodity again. Always trust your stars (and Matsui certainly is a star) to come through.

Matsui is the same hitter he always was. Just look at the first 3 games of the season. He'll come around in time.

You said it yourself, his value can't get any lower, and you can't drop him, so just hold onto him. If you have a viable substitute, plug him in there until Matsui starts hitting again. He'll come around sooner or later.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DCNats » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:17 pm

beltrans_boy wrote:Matsui should be a solid performer from now until the end of the season unless he's hiding an injury. See Eric Chavez, Victor Martinez and Vernon Wells for how quickly fortunes can change in a baseball season. Just last week, people were asking if they should drop Victor Martinez. Now, he's a hot commodity again. Always trust your stars (and Matsui certainly is a star) to come through.

Matsui is the same hitter he always was. Just look at the first 3 games of the season. He'll come around in time.

You said it yourself, his value can't get any lower, and you can't drop him, so just hold onto him. If you have a viable substitute, plug him in there until Matsui starts hitting again. He'll come around sooner or later.

Well put ;-D
DCNats
College Coach
College Coach

Postby beltrans_boy » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:23 pm

I'd say this is a really great time to buy low on Matsui. Based on the amount of posts his disgruntled owners put up here, the owner in your league might be fed up with his lack of production. If you can get him for late round value, now might be the time to jump on that.

I know if I didn't own him, I would certainly be looking to trade for him.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby reznorsboy » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:39 am

Well I have officially given up on Matsui having a great year. I think he will do well to end the year with 20 -25 dingers and 110 rbi's which isn't bad but not the year I expected.
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby gws226 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:05 am

reznorsboy wrote:Well I have officially given up on Matsui having a great year. I think he will do well to end the year with 20 -25 dingers and 110 rbi's which isn't bad but not the year I expected.

Same. I traded him away for Wells the otherday.
If you found my advice helpful, please help me
gws226
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jimmyvegas » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:14 am

wells was available in my league, so i nabbed him. i remember matsui exploding in june and july last year, and im confident he'll do the same. im hoping wells can pick up my offense, though. i knew berkman wasnt going to make an instant impact, but...for now hes benched
jimmyvegas
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers