so far top Brewer pitcher not Ben Sheets - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

so far top Brewer pitcher not Ben Sheets

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RyanK » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:09 pm

I got santos stashed away on my bench, gets solid points, just the lack of run support hurts him... that sub 3 era is nice though
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Scooter1027 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:17 am

Got the W again tonight, his 8th of the season. The last time a Brewer pitcher won more than 12 games was Cal Eldred in 1997 (13). Sheets and Davis both won 12 last year. Davis seems on pace to do much better, but we'll see I guess. He always seems to get the job done, even though he doesn't throw the blazing heat or have impeccable control. He's a nice #2 to have, and I trust him to perform at his current level from here on out more than I trust Capuano or Santos.

And on a sidenote, man, was Cal Eldred a one year wonder. As a 24 year old rookie at age 24, he was 11-2 with a 1.79 ERA. Then he faded quickly to mediocrity and a career of below-averageness.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby theskaboss » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:45 am

Scooter1027 wrote: ...As a 24 year old rookie at age 24...

A 24 year old rookie who also happens to be the age of 24!??!? 8-o . Haha im just messing around :-D

But seriously, that Brewers pitching is so underrated, Maddux is working wonders with them! Hopefully this team (my 2nd favorite) will start getting some respect!
theskaboss
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thrash » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:50 am

I am a Capuano owner and have never seen him pitch...can anyone give me a rundown on his stuff and how he looks on the mound? Is he for real?
GO SOX
thrash
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AKhomebrewer » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:34 am

Don't know if they can keep it up, but when Sheets gets himself right, this could be an impressive staff.
In 11 starts, Santos has allowed more than 2 runs just twice (one game of 3ER and one of 5ER). Also 35K in his last 42 IP. Pretty quietly effective, for a guy who doesn't get wins.
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Scooter1027 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:01 am

theskaboss wrote:

A 24 year old rookie who also happens to be the age of 24!??!? 8-o . Haha im just messing around :-D

Ah, oops, darnit. Well, you know what I meant. I'm from the department of redundancy department.

thrash wrote: I am a Capuano owner and have never seen him pitch...can anyone give me a rundown on his stuff and how he looks on the mound? Is he for real?

Mostly just fastball/changeup with a slider to mix in there too. He changes speeds real well, though he isn't a fireballer by any means. He might touch low 90's with his fastball, nothing more. He's a smart guy (economics degree from Duke) who also happens to have a plus pickoff move (as of 6/5, he led the majors with 6 runners picked off). I think he's "for real" if your expectations are tempered. He's not a top of the rotation guy, but he's a real nice #3 starter.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby thehat » Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:21 am

More on Capuano...his out pitch is definitely his change, which is a real beauty. In fact, it's so effective that in a bizarre way, it's his fastball that becomes more of a change-up.

And like all the Brewer pitchers, the middle of the plate is a prohibited area. This is the Maddux influence all the way.

There's no question in my mind Mike Maddux will be managing at the big league level within two years, and he'll be a star. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, by the way. Mike is still very much a Las Vegan, as is Greg. The parents are really terrific people, and so no surprise their kids are as well.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby nmarq8 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:44 pm

AKhomebrewer wrote:Don't know if they can keep it up, but when Sheets gets himself right, this could be an impressive staff.
In 11 starts, Santos has allowed more than 2 runs just twice (one game of 3ER and one of 5ER). Also 35K in his last 42 IP. Pretty quietly effective, for a guy who doesn't get wins.

I agree, santos isn't getting props at all because of his crummy run support. All #'s besides W-L are great.

And theskaboss, natalie portman shaved her head...she looks like a young demi moore without the boobs :-P
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."
nmarq8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bceagles04 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:37 pm

nmarq8 wrote:
AKhomebrewer wrote:Don't know if they can keep it up, but when Sheets gets himself right, this could be an impressive staff.

I agree, santos isn't getting props at all because of his crummy run support. All #'s besides W-L are great.

And theskaboss, natalie portman shaved her head...she looks like a young demi moore without the boobs :-P

haha, i still think she is pretty hot
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tms298 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:16 pm

Scooter1027 wrote:
theskaboss wrote:

Ah, oops, darnit. Well, you know what I meant. I'm from the department of redundancy department.

There are 24 year old rookies at the age of 27 coming out of the dominican all the time.
tms298
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers