Two new albums... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Two new albums...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby theskaboss » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:43 pm

davidmarver wrote:Finch's new CD is nearly a complete break from their last album, What It Is To Burn. Only two songs have some sort of resemblence to the musical style of their other album. They've become too much like The Used in that they experiment with too many awkward sounding cords, cord transitions, and melodic arrangements. Overall, I don't like the sound. On top of this, Finch has a complete thematic break from 'fire' to their new theme of 'blood', which is never cool. Fire is far more interesting than blood ever will be. Due to this, I give the new album a thumbs down, compared to their last album and the expectations I had for this one. :-t

The Wallflowers CD, however, is pretty decent. Glad I bought it. ;-D

Wow, thanks for posting that, i'm not a huge fan of the Used so i'll stay away from the new Finch. Thanks dude :-D
theskaboss
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:26 am

theskaboss wrote:
davidmarver wrote:Finch's new CD is nearly a complete break from their last album, What It Is To Burn. Only two songs have some sort of resemblence to the musical style of their other album. They've become too much like The Used in that they experiment with too many awkward sounding cords, cord transitions, and melodic arrangements. Overall, I don't like the sound. On top of this, Finch has a complete thematic break from 'fire' to their new theme of 'blood', which is never cool. Fire is far more interesting than blood ever will be. Due to this, I give the new album a thumbs down, compared to their last album and the expectations I had for this one. :-t

Wow, thanks for posting that, i'm not a huge fan of the Used so i'll stay away from the new Finch. Thanks dude :-D

No problem, although I think the song "Ink" is definately worth a download (legally, of course...I'm way against illegal downloading). There's two others that are, but the CD is not worth the full price. Glad I could be of help.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Re: Two new albums...

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:21 pm

davidmarver wrote:
Madison wrote:
davidmarver wrote:Please do not make fun of my use of the word 'album' instead of CD. I'm an old-school music fan for the most part.

I won't pick on you ;-D . My father in law has a huge collection of records, and I do mean vinyl records! He still listens to them too. ;-D

http://www.otrvinyl.com or ebay seller otrvinyl. That's my dad website; he may be the biggest collector of vinyl ever.

I've got almost all of Pink Floyd's albums on vinyl. Just one of my many claims to stud-liness ;-D

Think they're worth anything? Just curious.

I heard Finch, I wasn't all that impressed, although I do like the hard stuff quite a bit. For me it's all about the Neurosis. B-)
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Bradg533 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:56 pm

man i hate to hear that... i love their old CD, still listen to it...

ANY songs on the CD that are good???
Props to C_DubYah
Bradg533
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby davidmarver » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:59 pm

Bradg533 wrote:

There are a few, but it's a HUMONGOUS difference in style. The change they went through is practically the same as Dusty Baker suddenly pulling his pitchers after 85 pitches.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Re: Two new albums...

Postby warrick95 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:15 pm

davidmarver wrote:Finch releases their new album Say Hello to Sunshine tomorrow. Their last album was amazing; I recommend buying this new album (or at least acquire it somehow). Anyone else heard the song Ink on the new album? Quite good.

The Wallflowers released a new album a week or two ago. I heard two songs from it (Beautiful Side of Somewhere and Here He Comes) and both were excellent. Wondering if anyone has bought this album and has comments.

Please do not make fun of my use of the word 'album' instead of CD. I'm an old-school music fan for the most part.

The title should've been: Two new batches of music for y'all to rip...

Wait did I say that? O:-)
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby davidmarver » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:42 pm

I officially hate the new Finch CD. I can't stand it :-P .

Back to listening to Saosin, who are 1543412341243 times better.

To listen to Saosin click here:
http://www.myspace.com/saosin
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby davidmarver » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:47 am

Ok, the songs worth a listen on this album.

Out of a possible ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D , where 1 ;-D means it is decent.
Ink - ;-D ;-D ;-D
Bitemarks and Bloodstains - ;-D ;-D
Insomniac Meat - ;-D

Past that, this album is not worth a listen. I wish I had spent the $11.99 on kleenex to wipe away the tears from crying about how terrible the new CD is.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Bradg533 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:05 pm

davidmarver wrote:
Bradg533 wrote:

There are a few, but it's a HUMONGOUS difference in style. The change they went through is practically the same as Dusty Baker suddenly pulling his pitchers after 85 pitches.

wow that big of a change huh... :-D
Props to C_DubYah
Bradg533
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby davidmarver » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:59 am

Bradg533 wrote:
davidmarver wrote:
Bradg533 wrote:

wow that big of a change huh... :-D

I'll give you a quick glance at the lyrics in their new songs and you picture the sound:

Finch's New Non-Finchlike CD That I Wasted $12 On wrote:Fang bite, tarantula
Taste of my symptoms
Gasoline and a pistol
Blood filling the bathtub
Swollen eyelids
Baffled by this
Tell us what you see

And that's from their best song on this album. Imagine how bad the rest is.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk