Wanting to test your graphic skills? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Wanting to test your graphic skills?

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Wanting to test your graphic skills?

Postby Tavish » Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:24 pm

Some of you may know that we are running a historical baseball draft here at the Cafe. When the draft is completed all the players will be put into a baseball simulator program I am currently putting the finishing touches on. One of the things I have left on my ToDo list is get some custom graphics for the different load screens.

Once the program is finished I plan on releasing it to the public which means any graphics will get a decent amount of exposure (depending of course on how popular the program is). All graphics will receive credit to the artist in the game credit screens.

So here is a few of the things I'm looking for.

1. Simulator Front Page Image (Size approx 500 X 500)
Description - Be creative, I would like an old-time feel but feel free to use any type of imagery (except those restriced for redistribution). The only requirement is that Historical Baseball Simulator must be visible.

2. Utility Front Page Image (Size approx 500 X 500)
Description - Same as above with the same requirement. I would love it if the two images had the same look and feel so the programs would mesh well.

3. Icons
Description - Two icon sized images, one for the simulator and one for the utility program. Due to the size restrictions of icons they need to be somewhat simple but stand out enough to mark the programs.

Any questions just let me know, and thanks to everyone willing to help out.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 34)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mustangs989 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:31 pm

I may try doing something like this on Wednesday, I'm busy almost all tomorrow. If someone else wants to give it a try they can ;-D Just a question about the icons, approximately how big and what do you want them to be of?
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Tavish » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:04 am

The icons can be either of the standard sizes (16X16 or 32X32). As far as what they are, it doesn't really matter too much as long as its baseball related (even better if its historical). I wasn't sure if any of the designers around here already had an icon editor.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter

Postby Mustangs989 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:29 am

Alright I did these real quick tonight, I'll have more time tomorrow. If these will do that's fine, if not what would you like to be improved?

I'm not a big fan of the icons I made, if someone else wants to give it a try they can ;-D
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:39 pm

Here's a shot I'll do some more
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby beltrans_boy » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:45 pm

I got bored, and I decided to make something...just messed around for a couple of minutes. It's probably too simple, but who knows? Maybe it'll help strike the imagination of the more talented guys on here...The image quality is really low b/c I don't want to hog bandwidth on the boards...

[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Tavish » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:15 pm

Great job guys, really interesting work.

Mustang - The JoeD and Teddy ballgame swing shots were actually two of the images I had in mind at the start. I really like how you incorporated both the old legends with the greats of today's game.

Acs - Love the tarnished color scheme, definitely gives the historical feel. The Ruth and Cobb (??) overlays add a really nice touch. Excellent idea with the baseball cards, I did a more simplistic version of that as my webpage layout.

BBoy - I really liked how the simulator name stands out against the tarnished color image. It might be the image quality or just my eyes playing tricks on me, but it looks like the crowd is a derby wearing bunch. What players are in the image? Actually I think the distortion sort of adds to the effect.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby beltrans_boy » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:37 pm

It's a Brooks Robinson picture that I had sitting on my harddrive...I think it's on Google if you do a search for his name. Here's the actual image...I made it smaller cause it's a huge picture:

And Tavish, I made another one for you. I think you'll really like it. I spent a lot of time on it. This one's for you. Professional quality:

[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bradg533 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:08 pm

hahaha you're a funny one BB
Props to C_DubYah
Bradg533
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby leal72 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:33 pm