Question on the Corderos? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Question on the Corderos?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RynMan » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:08 pm

I'd take The Chad.
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Postby RynMan » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:10 pm

go_jays_go wrote:Francisco and Chad shouldn't even be compared to one another.


Why not?
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Postby George_Foreman » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:22 pm

go_jays_go wrote:Francisco and Chad shouldn't even be compared to one another. I like Francisco by a whole lot.


Code: Select all
                           IP    W   SV   K   ERA   WHIP
C. Cordero (Was - RP)     28     2   15   27   1.29   1.07
F. Cordero (Tex - RP)     23.2   0   16   31   3.8   1.35


whoops, my bad. ;-7

chad is good. he's good and he's young. and the nat's arn't as bad as people think. i think chad's ERA will go up and cordero's down, but i think chad will finish with at least comperable numbers by year's end.
Last edited by George_Foreman on Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4351
Joined: 16 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at Morimoto's, eating $50 worth of sushi

Postby RynMan » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:23 pm

George_Foreman wrote:chad is good. he's good and he's young. and the nat's arn't as bad as people think. i think chad's ERA will go up and cordero's down, but i think chad will finish with at least comperable numbers by year's end.


Completely agree.
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Postby go_jays_go » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:24 pm

RynMan wrote:
go_jays_go wrote:Francisco and Chad shouldn't even be compared to one another.


Why not?


I just think Francisco is the more proven and valuable closer. People shouldn't base his season from what he's done so far this year. He gets K's and has great ratios. He will be top 5 closer material. Last year he was practically un-hittable. I just don't think Chad is ready to be in the top closer tier right now.

Chad will become better as the years pass, but for now..I think Francisco is better by a long shot.
Image
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 10462
Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto, Canada

Postby George_Foreman » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:28 pm

go_jays_go wrote:
I just think Francisco is the more proven and valuable closer. People shouldn't base his season from what he's done so far this year. He gets K's and has great ratios. He will be top 5 closer material. Last year he was practically un-hittable. I just don't think Chad is ready to be in the top closer tier right now.

Chad will become better as the years pass, but for now..I think Francisco is better by a long shot.


absolutly correct. ignoring past performance would be silly.

from 2004:
Code: Select all
                            IP    W    SV    K    ERA    WHIP
C. Cordero (Was - RP)       82.2   7   14   83   2.94   1.34
F. Cordero (Tex - RP)       71.2   3   49   79   2.13   1.28


yep.

note that francisco has pitched at a rather high level since about 2002, and chad is relatively new to the scene. so in that sense, francisco is certainly better-established. but since chad has given us no reason to think his numbers will get worse (he's even cut down significantly on his walks from last year), i don't see why you shouldn't at least value them approximately equally. an arguement can be made either way, but i don't think one is clearly more vaulable than another.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4351
Joined: 16 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at Morimoto's, eating $50 worth of sushi

Postby jjigglers » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:28 pm

As a Chad Cordero owner, I love what he's done this year, but I'm sure most would think I was crazy if I turned town Francisco Cordero straight up for him.
jjigglers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 996
Joined: 30 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mills13 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:08 pm

I actually traded Francisco Cordero point blank for Chad and my whole league thought I was retarded so I wanted your opinion. Very interesting.
Mills13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 575
Joined: 25 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:11 pm

go_jays_go wrote:
RynMan wrote:
go_jays_go wrote:Francisco and Chad shouldn't even be compared to one another.


Why not?


I just think Francisco is the more proven and valuable closer. People shouldn't base his season from what he's done so far this year. He gets K's and has great ratios. He will be top 5 closer material. Last year he was practically un-hittable. I just don't think Chad is ready to be in the top closer tier right now.

Chad will become better as the years pass, but for now..I think Francisco is better by a long shot.


;-D
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 2
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Cincinnati at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Boston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact