Ryan Freel will be seeing even less playing time soon - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ryan Freel will be seeing even less playing time soon

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby phunkadelic » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:53 am

Mercer Boy wrote:If the dude is helping the team win and hitting well and is not a liability in the field, then he will HAVE to get PT. Managers play the guys who are doing that the best (unless they are morons).

The problem is that some managers ARE idiots. Dave Miley has said repeatly this season that he likes having Freel as a versatile option coming off the bench.

If that doesn't speak idiocity, I don't know what does. Has he never heard of a double-switch???
phunkadelic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby great gretzky » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:01 pm

can someone pm me with their opinion on this? I don't want to derail the thread at all. But is it worth making a move FOR freel? I need sb's and had made an offer of maddux and nick johnson. I have one extra hitter, and I always have to decide between nick and sosa anyway. can someone get back to me what they think?
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby djack909 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:30 pm

I have Freel on 80% of my teams. Today, I offered him in trades in every league. I have Weeks on the bench on most of my teams.
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers