Neifi is HOT! HOT! HOT! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Neifi is HOT! HOT! HOT!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RugbyD » Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:26 pm

Neifi does suck as a starter. unless he has made some big adjustments to his swing, he is playing way out of his shoes and has completely maxed out his upside. he cannot hit for power. his fielding is good and a godsend given that we have nobody else to play SS right now, tho I like ronny cedeno, just not enough yet.

however, i am very happy with the fact that he hasfar exceeded my expectations for him this year thus far.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fpower » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:31 pm

People have been saying he sucks and will implode for two months now. How much longer until he might just be having a good year? As an owner with nothing at SS, I'm close to picking him up.
Fpower
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RugbyD » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:40 pm

Neifi does suck as a starter. unless he has made some big adjustments to his swing, he is playing way out of his shoes and has completely maxed out his upside. he cannot hit for power. his fielding is good and a godsend given that we have nobody else to play SS right now, tho I like ronny cedeno, just not enough yet.

however, i am very happy with the fact that he hasfar exceeded my expectations for him this year thus far.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby PackMan » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:59 pm

Maybe he has made some adjustments that are working. This is from the Cubs' website:

Neifi Perez is second on the Cubs in batting, and part of the reason is a switch he made this offseason. Perez worked more on hitting to the opposite field and slightly altered his stance.
"You have to trust your hands," Perez said. "And I've got a different hitting style now. Before, I used to hit lower [think Ozzie Guillen], but now I hit standing up and just wait for the ball."
Does it help him see the ball better?
"I think so," Perez said. "It's working good. I just try to stay inside the ball."
When Perez joined the Cubs last August after being released by the San Francisco Giants, he and Sammy Sosa would take extra batting practice every day. Perez still does that this year.
"I come two hours before stretching and go to the cage," he said. "I don't know if I can do it the whole year because my arm will be tired. I'll do it until I feel tired."
Too many swings can wear a player out. He is lifting weights and exercising in hopes of maintaining his strength. One other part of Perez's routine is that he tapes his own wrists each day.
"I started it in Colorado and now I can't play without it," said Perez, who starts with blue tape, and then covers that with white. "If I play without this, I feel like I'm naked."
PackMan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers