I <3 Jason Schmidt - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I <3 Jason Schmidt

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby davidmarver » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:11 am

Dodger Blue wrote:I road Schmidt to a championship last year.

Lets break this down.

Subject noun Propernoun preposition noun adjective noun. I don't see a verb. Oh do I love ripping on Dodgers fans. :-b

Anyway, I don't think Schmidt will ever be able to match his K numbers, but if he becomes a smarter pitcher his ERA and wins can stay around where he's been. He doesn't have the same stuff he had.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ocmusicjunkie » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:25 am

davidmarver wrote:

Lets break this down.

Subject noun Propernoun preposition noun adjective noun. I don't see a verb. Oh do I love ripping on Dodgers fans. :-b

Anyway, I don't think Schmidt will ever be able to match his K numbers, but if he becomes a smarter pitcher his ERA and wins can stay around where he's been. He doesn't have the same stuff he had.

Another great reply. ;-D

Sometimes I wonder how anyone so sharp can be on the wrong side of the Peavy/Harden issue. :-D
Help please:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1086524#1086524

Harden- 2.15 ERA, 7.61 K/9
Peavy - 2.89 ERA, 10.10 K/9

[b]Lets go Rich![/b]
ocmusicjunkie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby davidmarver » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:27 am

ocmusicjunkie wrote:
davidmarver wrote:

Lets break this down.

Another great reply. ;-D

Sometimes I wonder how anyone so sharp can be on the wrong side of the Peavy/Harden issue. :-D

:-b

Hopefully Peavy overcomes this flu he has :-o .

Either way, it's been fun to watch thus far. Can't wait till Harden is 100%. Hopefully he can make it a contest. :-b
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby baseball6791 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:34 am

schmidty just doesnt look the same this year :,-( his velocity is down, his pitches don't have as much movement, and his control is off... i think it may be the same type of thing as halladay last year, but who knows. as a giants fan it is just painful to watch though :-/

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby beltrans_boy » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:47 am

davidmarver wrote:

Lets break this down.

Hey now, no need to rip on Dodgers fans. We're having a tough enough year as it is. I'm sure he just got confused, that's all.

:~(
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby davidmarver » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:49 am

beltrans_boy wrote:
davidmarver wrote:

Lets break this down.

Hey now, no need to rip on Dodgers fans. We're having a tough enough year as it is. I'm sure he just got confused, that's all.

:~(

Sorry. We just lost 3 of 4 at the hands of the Cubs. Gotta take it out on someone. Dodgers fans are just easy targets. ;-D
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dodger Blue » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:41 am

davidmarver wrote:

Lets break this down.

So if I say "I road a bike down the street". Thats not a sentence?

A verb says what a person or thing does, and can describe. Do you speak English much?

BTW get off your freaking high horse. Nobody checks their grammer on these boards jerk.
Dodger Blue
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jblank » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:36 am

Dodger Blue wrote:
davidmarver wrote:

Lets break this down.

So if I say "I road a bike down the street". Thats not a sentence?

A verb says what a person or thing does, and can describe. Do you speak English much?

BTW get off your freaking high horse. Nobody checks their grammer on these boards jerk.

LOL, bro, you said "road" when you were suppsed to say "rode". He was just jokingly pointing that out but I think you missed it. You may not wanna criticize HIS English until you check your own. ;-D
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BigMusky » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:20 am

I had him out of the lineup this week until his start got postponed. I had a big lead in all pitching catagories except wins, so I thought I would roll the dice. He almost blew all my cats! He should return to form next week as he will definitely not be in my lineup!
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Trot Nixon » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:26 am

Nice! Traded away Schmidt for G. Anderson and Batista ;-D
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers