Kazmir? Anyone Like Him? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kazmir? Anyone Like Him?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kazmir? Anyone Like Him?

Postby Jedimindtric » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:06 am

Is he worth a spot this year in a 12 team Roto that starts 6 SP's? He is on a offense challenged team and he walks alot of batters but his K's are pretty decent. Any thoughts on him from here on out?
Jedimindtric
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Box » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:45 am

I'd say he's still a full season away from being very valuable in a 12 teamer. He should be rostered in deeper leagues, though. He's got a good fastball and slider and he's only 20 years old. 8-o

How dumb are the Mets? ;-D
Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby victordestructo » Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:17 pm

Not much value this year unless you're in a keeper...
"I feel like I am pregnant with all these ideas. I am just trying to give birth to them."
-Miguel Batista describing his writing career
victordestructo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Art Vandelay » Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:20 pm

Box wrote:How dumb are the Mets? ;-D

Very.

I heard they they had a deal with Texas for Soriano on the table last year before the season but they didn't go through with it because they were unwilling to park with Kazmir, who was their #1 pitching prospect. Then a few months later they trade him for Zambrano???
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jblank » Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:22 pm

I own him and he has been decent for me. Since I picked him up, I have gotten both of his wins, a solid amount of K's, a 4.00 ERA, and a 1.36 WHIP. Not too bad, but I wasnt expecting him to be Halladay this year.
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby zergeR » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:28 pm

Very.

I heard they they had a deal with Texas for Soriano on the table last year before the season but they didn't go through with it because they were unwilling to park with Kazmir, who was their #1 pitching prospect. Then a few months later they trade him for Zambrano???

no, they would have had to part with reyes, not kazmir, which they didnt want to do.
zergeR
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Secret Avatar » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:55 pm

I think Kazmir has potential because he's young and can throw very hard. I think he's been over-hyped because of the Zambrano trade. It was a poor trade, to be sure, but the media has been carrying on about it like it was the dumbest trade in history. The truth is that Kazmir has a lot to prove.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Art Vandelay » Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:15 pm

zergeR wrote:

Very.

no, they would have had to part with reyes, not kazmir, which they didnt want to do.

I stand corrected. Thanks for the clarification.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby strong » Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:35 pm

Secret Avatar wrote:I think Kazmir has potential because he's young and can throw very hard. I think he's been over-hyped because of the Zambrano trade. It was a poor trade, to be sure, but the media has been carrying on about it like it was the dumbest trade in history. The truth is that Kazmir has a lot to prove.

Kazmir has a lot to prove, for sure, but where he is at 20 years old is pretty impressive. Duquette, listening to people in the organization, felt that Kazmir's motion was going to leave him prone to a career of injuries. And he felt that Zambrano would help them more last year and this year. It was a frustrating deal and it's a huge reason Miyana is now the GM and Duquette gets runs his errands. Down the road, this trade might look horrible, but it's still a big IF. And don't forget that the Rays probably won't be able to keep Kazmir around for very long and it will be interesting to see which big market team will get him or pursue him. I won't be surprised to see the Mets throw the farm at the Rays, again, to get him back and attempt to calm the masses...

It's true the Mets didn't want to pull the trigger for Soriano for Reyes, but as far as I know, Kazmir wasn't involved in that trade.
strong
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers