Trip to Fenway (Fri. 6/3) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Trip to Fenway (Fri. 6/3)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trip to Fenway (Fri. 6/3)

Postby Pacman » Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:09 am

Just a note that last night I finally got to a Sox game this season - and what a game it was! Sox came back from a 4-1 defecit, finally going ahead on a Damon 3-run double offf Scott Shields (who I have :-P ) and won 7-4!

Really special moment: Orlando Cabrerra making his return to Fenway Park. When he came to the plate for the first time, the park went freaking NUTS! One of the biggest ovations I've ever witnessed for an opposing player during a game. Cabrerra was visably moved. Actually had to step out of the box and tip his cap (helmet). He also gestured to the Sox dugout with a chest thump over his heart. Somewhat ironically, he grounded out to ss Edgar Renteria.

He got a big hand every time he came up, even when he pounded a double high off the wall in the middle innings.

Add to the Cabrera drama a thrilling comeback, a beautiful night, and great seats (which I paid too much for), and it was pretty wonderful.

Fenway's such a unique place, I recommend you guys get up to Boston some time and take in a game. It's really terrific, even if the team isn't your cup of tea.

Peace.
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rance Mulliniks » Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:54 am

;-D

Well said PacMan - Even though I've always hated the Sox, I've always wanted to go to Fenway, but the only times I was in Boston it was either the middle of winter (caught the Bruins at the old Bawston Gawden) or the Sox were on the road.
Mulliniks Watch: Still stuck on 1325 games 3569 AB 445 R 972 H 73 HR 435 RBI 0.272 AVG 15 SB
Rance Mulliniks
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:17 pm

Well said and agreed. Great place to watch a game, even though those monster seats are highly overpriced. :-°

I recommend doing the east coast tour and hitting up Yankee Stadium as well. Even if you hate them, it truly is a magical place. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Pacman » Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:24 pm

Lofunzo wrote:Well said and agreed. Great place to watch a game, even though those monster seats are highly overpriced. :-°

I recommend doing the east coast tour and hitting up Yankee Stadium as well. Even if you hate them, it truly is a magical place. ;-D

I went to a Sox/Yankees Opening Day game at Yankee Stadium back in 1992 (neither team was any good back then). I enjoyed it very much - the Stadium is a very impressive park. One of the biggest moments - Joe Dimmagio threw out the first pitch, so it was a thrill to see him in person. ;-D

I agree about the Monster Seats... the real appeal to them is for longtime Fenway patrons to get a chance to watch a game from a brand-new vantage point... but they are too pricey for what are basically fancy bleacher seats.
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby reznorsboy » Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:28 pm

What do they cost?
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:39 pm

reznorsboy wrote:What do they cost?

Last I checked, they were $100 each. :-o
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Kingctb27 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:36 pm

Geez, $100 is alot just for a reg. season game :-°

3rd row tickets for the Spurs finals games are $900 a pop.
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby MMoNeY24 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:33 pm

Was at Fenway in '02 for Sox vs. A's. Pretty cool, had sweet seats 4 rows up in front of Pesky's Pole.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Madison » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:13 pm

Glad to hear you had such a great time Pacman! ;-D

$100 for monster seats? :-o
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby GiantFan666 » Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:54 am

Glad you had fun!! Fenway is #2 on my list for stadiums to go to ...
It was #1 ahead of Yankee stadium, but The Bronx gets the nod due to getting demo'd... In all likelihood though I will probably set it up as a vacation so I can go to as many parks up there as possible.. Philly,NYY,NYM,Bos,Bal, and DC in one fell swoop.. I have been lagging behind on my ballpark tour as planned and new ones keep opening up!
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to General Talk