Star Wars: Episode Pee - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Star Wars: Episode Pee

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby davidmarver » Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:29 pm

I personally didn't think the movie was half-bad. Sad watching all the Jedi's go though.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:24 pm

Come on man! It had the wonton slaughter of children? Thats gotta be worth something!
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby WharfRat » Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:33 pm

I definitely thought it was the best of the prequels. Sure, there were moments when I cringed (for the wrong reasons), but I guess I've gotten used to it after three of them. The things that made the original trilogy what they were are just plain not there, but it's still a pretty entertaining flick with some great moments. I felt the same way about Episode II, Ep II and III are getting a bit of a bum rap I think. My .02.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Re: Star Wars: Episode Pee

Postby WharfRat » Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:38 pm

JTWood wrote:I'm not kidding when I say that I will never own one of those first three movies. I need to go read books seven, eight, and nine again to get the taste of this awful trilogy out of my brain.

:-t :-P

Funny you say that, I was thinking the same thing. I didn't dislike Ep III, but it wasn't as good as it could have been. The Zahn trilogy was AWESOME though.

reznorsboy wrote:
Are these books Lucas' idea for the next three episodes or Zahn's. Are these books licensed by Lucas arts?

As I understand it, most of the books that are out now have some kind of official Lucasfilm stamp of approval, where they're officially part of the whole Star Wars world. It's like Lucas is saying, "Okay, if you want to know what really happens after Return of the Jedi, read these books." Other books came out before the Zahn books, but they didn't have that stamp of approval.

WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Madison » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:23 pm

Guess if I ever wind up with some free time I just might have to check out the books. Thanks for the heads up! ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby blankman » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:39 pm

Saw it today and I thought it was just ok. Nothing really spectacular; none of the fight scenes were outstanding and I found the talking early on to be pretty boring.

Way too unrealistic that Vader was burned alive and lived with only 1 layer of his skin gone and his eyes not burnt out :-t

Still worth seeing once though
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby JTWood » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:34 am

blankman wrote:Way too unrealistic that Vader was burned alive and lived with only 1 layer of his skin gone and his eyes not burnt out :-t

lol... Yeah, or how about when the emperor found him and touched his forhead? If I'd been burned over my entire body, I guarantee you that I would not have been in the mood to have someone touching my newly exposed skin on my forehead. Anakin, though, didn't even flinch.

Also, when they were fighting, the volcano got more active. Why? Because they hit a switch. The switch was written in their language, but I'm guessing it said "Volcano On".

:-P
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby WharfRat » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:42 am

JTWood wrote: The switch was written in their language, but I'm guessing it said "Volcano On".

:-P

LMAO :-D

WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:08 pm

blankman wrote:Saw it today and I thought it was just ok. Nothing really spectacular; none of the fight scenes were outstanding and I found the talking early on to be pretty boring.

Way too unrealistic that Vader was burned alive and lived with only 1 layer of his skin gone and his eyes not burnt out :-t

Wow, you are debating the realism of star wars? This is the same series that has energy swords, interstellar capital ships, and laser blasters? :-b
"Wait a minute, this Force thing doesn't exist at all!"
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby blankman » Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:13 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
blankman wrote:Saw it today and I thought it was just ok. Nothing really spectacular; none of the fight scenes were outstanding and I found the talking early on to be pretty boring.

Wow, you are debating the realism of star wars? This is the same series that has energy swords, interstellar capital ships, and laser blasters? :-b
"Wait a minute, this Force thing doesn't exist at all!"

Well that and the entire thing was based on an assumption that gravity existed in space.

I can fathom all of the light saber, lasers etc stuff. It's futuristic.

Being burned alive and being fine afterward is a whole different matter.

I think you're missing the point here.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk