Star Wars: Episode Pee - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Star Wars: Episode Pee

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Star Wars: Episode Pee

Postby JTWood » Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:14 am

Saw it tonight. That movie was as entertaining as watching me evacuate liquid excrement from my bladder. Could that script have been any worse?

Anakin: "I want to be good. No wait! I'm bad. No wait! I'm good. Okay, okay... I'm bad."

I'm not kidding when I say that I will never own one of those first three movies. I need to go read books seven, eight, and nine again to get the taste of this awful trilogy out of my brain.

:-t :-P
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:57 am

I wasn't impressed either. :-/

Did like seeing Skywalker get his legs cut off and be burned alive though. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Kingctb27 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:44 am

Still havn't seen it. Maybe I'll rent it when it comes out.
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby acsguitar » Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:11 am

nothign can beat the first 3
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Rance Mulliniks » Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:58 am

acsguitar wrote:nothign can beat the first 3

;-D
Mulliniks Watch: Still stuck on 1325 games 3569 AB 445 R 972 H 73 HR 435 RBI 0.272 AVG 15 SB
Rance Mulliniks
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby JTWood » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:36 am

I'm not kidding when I say that anyone who likes Star Wars at all would absolutely love the subsequent trilogy (7,8,9) by Timothy Zahn. Adm. Thrawn is one of the best Star Wars characters ever.

Here's a link:

The Star Wars Trilogy: Heir to the Empire / Dark Force Rising / The Last Command
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby JTWood » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:46 am

Book Descriptions

Heir to the Empire: It's five years after Return of the Jedi: the Rebel Alliance has destroyed the Death Star, defeated Darth Vader and the Emperor, and driven out the remnants of the old Imperial Starfleet to a distant corner of the galaxy. Princess Leia and Han Solo are married and expecting Jedi Twins. And Luke Skywalker has become the first in a long-awaited line of Jedi Knights. But thousand of light-years away, the last of the emperor's warlords has taken command of the shattered Imperial Fleet, readied it for war, and pointed it at the fragile heart of the new Republic. For this dark warrior has made two vital discoveries that could destroy everything the courageous men and women of the Rebel Alliance fought so hard to build. The explosive confrontation that results is a towering epic of action, invention, mystery, and spectacle on a galactic scale--in short, a story worthy of the name Star Wars.

Dark Force Rising: Hugo Award winner Zahn follows up Heir to the Empire with still more adventures of Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Hansp ok Solo and their merry band, adroitly juggling an abundance of plot lines to produce skillfully paced entertainment. The citizens of the capital planet of the New Republic believe their battles against the remnants of the Empire are going well. But Grand Admiral Thrawn, the most brilliant of the Emperor's minions, is preparing to crush the New Republic with nefarious schemes involving smugglers, political rivals, a well-placed mole and even a Jedi Master. Can evil genius outflank the Force? Distracted by threats to Leia's unborn twins, domestic infighting and other upheavals orchestrated by Thrawn, the heroes of the New Republic summon up all their resources to fend off galactic disaster.

The Final Command:The embattled Republic reels from the attacks of Grand Admiral Thrawn, who has marshaled the remnants of the Imperial forces and driven the Rebels back with an abominable technology recovered from the Emperor's secret fortress: clone soldiers. As Thrawn mounts his final siege, Han and Chewbacca struggle to form a coalition of smugglers for a last-ditch attack against the empire, while Leia holds the Alliance together and prepares for the birth of her Jedi twins. Overwhelmed by the ships and clones at Thrawn's command, the Republic has one last hope--sending a small force, led by Luke Skywalker, into the very stronghold that houses Thrawn's terrible cloning machines. There a final danger awaits, as the Dark Jedi C'baoth directs the battle against the Rebels and builds his strength to finish what he had already started: the destruction of Luke Skywalker.

The subsequent Jedi Academy Trilogy is ok, but it all started getting ridiculous when they invented an invincible ship that could destroy whole solar systems by making stars go super nova. At that point, I quit reading.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby reznorsboy » Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:56 pm

Are these books Lucas' idea for the next three episodes or Zahn's. Are these books licensed by Lucas arts?
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby KPucks » Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:08 pm

reznorsboy wrote:Are these books Lucas' idea for the next three episodes or Zahn's. Are these books licensed by Lucas arts?

I would imagine Lucas would have had to sign off on Zahn using the Star Wars name.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby JTWood » Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:38 pm

KPucks wrote:
reznorsboy wrote:Are these books Lucas' idea for the next three episodes or Zahn's. Are these books licensed by Lucas arts?

I would imagine Lucas would have had to sign off on Zahn using the Star Wars name.

I'm sure they're licensed, and note that they were written in like '91 or something.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk