Livan with 150 pitches thrown tonight - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Livan with 150 pitches thrown tonight

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Livan with 150 pitches thrown tonight

Postby The Kavorka » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:49 pm

Taken out after the ninth.

8-o
What are you guys doing?
"Putting on the Foil Coach!"
The Kavorka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mrmarley » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:51 pm

whoa, who was the last pitcher to go to 150? That seems crazy, Dusty Baker would be proud 8-o
mrmarley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby FlawedReasoning » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:55 pm

mrmarley wrote:whoa, who was the last pitcher to go to 150? That seems crazy, Dusty Baker would be proud 8-o

lol dusty baker :-D
FlawedReasoning
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby hybrid » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:00 pm

That wasn't even Livian's high for pitches in a game. He had one game where he threw 152 (or might of been 154), back in the day. Livian is a horse ... or maybe a pig would be a better comparison. :-?
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby vladrules » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:10 pm

We know Livan is mr rubber arm but that's crazy. Livan is used to pitching a lot in games but that's an absurd amount of pitches. I believe the most he's thrown this year is 131 while reaching low 120's twice. Anyone hear any post game comments about how he felt? What's the most he's ever thrown in a game?

I was glad his next start was at home vs OAK but I won't be surprised if he does bad in next start. I was looking forward to him dominating OAK and I'd normally bench SP if prev start, pitcher threw a lot of pitches. but he should still handle oak easily. If it was a medium to hard team in his next start, I'd definitely bench him.

What a freaking Frank Robinson? Was the bullpen tired? Nationals have a decent pen. It's not like Livan had a SO going. I'm peeved. WTF? :-t
vladrules
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:41 pm

Tommy John would be so proud.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Twinskies » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:56 pm

This just shows you how much the game has changed over time....20 years ago this would just be another quality start. Livan would be back out there after 4 days rest, fresh and ready to go....thats how u earn that pay check!
This field, this game, it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh people will come Ray, people will most definitely come.
Twinskies
College Coach
College Coach

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:09 pm

Pitch counts are important imo, but mainly for young sp. Livan is 30. And he has bucked pitch counts his whole career, always up there in innings, pitches per season, pitches per start. If i had to pick one guy to handle 150 pitches, it would be Livan or RJ. He could tire faster his next start however.

The last sp to hit 150 pitches, was Ron Villone in 2000 with the Reds. Livan has 3 of the 9 highest pitch counts this year. He's a horse.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby warrick95 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:13 pm

He's a horse who's more valuable to his team than to fantasy teams because he provides many quality innings. Fantasy teams are better off finding alternatives who put up better numbers even if that's over less innings.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no2leads » Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:49 am

it's amazing he is only 30, seems like he has been around forever. what i love about him is he is not afraid to walk guys he doesn't want to give in to. statline usually includes 3-5 walks but somehow they don't hurt him much.
no2leads
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers