Mannys uniform - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mannys uniform

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby josebach » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:12 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:Wow, he looked up "anal" on dictionary.com, he must be a pedophile. Along with every child psychologist in the world. :-t He just got you good and you had no other response but to call him a pedophile basically.

He implied that I was a racist because I thought professional althetes shouldn't purposely wear their uniforms incorrectly. I was simply making an equally absurd implication.

Besides, how is calling me "anal" getting me good? I guess the standard to which you judge insults is at the same level to which you judge a player's uniform. :-t
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Irish » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:03 am

josebach wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:Wow, he looked up "anal" on dictionary.com, he must be a pedophile. Along with every child psychologist in the world. :-t He just got you good and you had no other response but to call him a pedophile basically.

He implied that I was a racist because I thought professional althetes shouldn't purposely wear their uniforms incorrectly. I was simply making an equally absurd implication.

Besides, how is calling me "anal" getting me good? I guess the standard to which you judge insults is at the same level to which you judge a player's uniform. :-t

I never called you racist and even explained what I meant by my comment that you took that way. Instead of responding to it you looked up the word uniform, which really had nothing to do with the heart of the issue I was trying to address, which you obviously couldn't deal with, instead acting insulted and changing the subject.

Call me a pediophile :-? if that helps you change the subject. You are obviously very good at making blanket statements about people you don't know, as has become very evident by this thread.
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby josebach » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:08 am

Irish wrote:Instead of responding to it you looked up the word uniform, which really had nothing to do with the heart of the issue I was trying to address, which you obviously couldn't deal with, instead acting insulted and changing the subject.

Heart of the issue? The heart of the issue is that professional althetes are purposely wearing their uniforms incorrectly. Not high school... not college... Major League Baseball players. The same players that baseball fans pay millions of dollars a year to watch. That is what the people in this thread have a problem with.
How is it our fault that most of the players that do it are black? Are you saying we should only object to a player purposely wearing their uniform incorrectly if they're not black? It sure seems to me that's what you're saying. The reason I posted the definition of "uniform" was because that is what this thread is about. It's not about race. I don't recall anybody anywhere in this thread saying how people should dress OFF the baseball field. Do you?

There are plenty of rules regarding dress code in MLB that were created to make uniforms more uniform and they have absolutely nothing to do with race. I guess they're just going to have to create a couple more. I said two pages ago that saying anthing else would be a waste of time. I swear I'm a glutton for punishment.

BTW, I agree the pedophile comment was out of line. I went about making my point the wrong way. I apologize.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Irish » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:15 am

josebach wrote:
Irish wrote:Instead of responding to it you looked up the word uniform, which really had nothing to do with the heart of the issue I was trying to address, which you obviously couldn't deal with, instead acting insulted and changing the subject.

Heart of the issue? The heart of the issue is that professional althetes are purposely wearing their uniforms incorrectly. Not high school... not college... Major League Baseball players. The same players that baseball fans pay millions of dollars a year to watch. That is what the people in this thread have a problem with.
How is it our fault that most of the players that do it are black? Are you saying we should only object to a player purposely wearing their uniform incorrectly if they're not black? It sure seems to me that's what you're saying. The reason I posted the definition of "uniform" was because that is what this thread is about. It's not about race. I don't recall anybody anywhere in this thread saying how people should dress OFF the baseball field. Do you?

There are plenty of rules regarding dress code in MLB that were created to make uniforms more uniform and they have absolutely nothing to do with race. I guess they're just going to have to create a couple more. I said two pages ago that saying anthing else would be a waste of time. I swear I'm a glutton for punishment.

BTW, I agree the pedophile comment was out of line. I went about making my point the wrong way. I apologize.

Thanks for the apology, no offense taken.

I don't want to make this a racial issue, but like I said earlier, the things people are concerned about seem to be culturally related to african-americans.

This isn't to say it's a black player thing. If Marcus Giles started wearing his hat with a tilt or one leg up/down, then he would get the same treatment. Not because of the color of his skin, but the attitude associated with wearing your clothes that way.

Now why is that? My opinion is that those things are associated with black culture(hip hop, ghetto, whatever ya want to call it) and with that culture comes feelings of laziness and disrespect in some peoples' eyes.

So, I think although wearing a uniform with any changes can occasionally be disrespectful, I think that there are some things that aren't that tend to be associated with that attitude for reasons beyond the artificial.
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AcidRock23 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:35 am

josebach wrote:The only reason to purposely wear a hat crooked or turn a pocket inside out is to draw attention to yourself. That's it. There is no other explanation.

When I have my sunroof open, depending on the time of day and angle at which the sun is at, I will occasionally 'Sabathia' my hat to block the sun more effectively. It works pretty well...

I like Charlie Finley PAYING his guys to grow outlandish moustaches in the 70s. While they are highly paid professional athletes, they are STILL playing a game...if they want to jazz it up, that's ok w/ me...

[Edited to add...] P.S. I'm 37 for those of you bashing the 'old' guys here...hee hee
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Irish » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:41 am

AcidRock23 wrote:
josebach wrote:The only reason to purposely wear a hat crooked or turn a pocket inside out is to draw attention to yourself. That's it. There is no other explanation.

When I have my sunroof open, depending on the time of day and angle at which the sun is at, I will occasionally 'Sabathia' my hat to block the sun more effectively. It works pretty well...

I like Charlie Finley PAYING his guys to grow outlandish moustaches in the 70s. While they are highly paid professional athletes, they are STILL playing a game...if they want to jazz it up, that's ok w/ me...

[Edited to add...] P.S. I'm 37 for those of you bashing the 'old' guys here...hee hee

You must have been a hippee. :-D

Grow up, Hippee!!! ;-)
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AcidRock23 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:43 am

Irish wrote:
AcidRock23 wrote:

You must have been a hippee. :-D

Grow up, Hippee!!! ;-)

I was born after the summer of love, much to young to have been there...now during the 80s...muwahahaha....
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby mcmahojl » Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:11 pm

Surfs up wrote:I also want to say I mean no disrespect toyou young posters. You have grown up in a different time.You don't know anything else. You haven't seen what the game used to be like. Except of course in old films. Things change. Hell baseball changed back when the Astro dome was built and they started playing inside. I grew up in a time when it meant something to play the game.It mean something to the players. Think we will ever see anybody play as many games as Cal Ripken jr played? And for the same team?Nope not a chance of even 20% straight games. Somebody made the point about getting the uniform dirty. They don't even like to do that anymore. Have to look good for the pictures.Players can't bunt anymore. They play when they want to. Hardly ever play with an injury.Juan Gonzalez is a good example of that. What a waste of talent. Yes I am old school. But I would rather have yesterdays players. Think you will see anybody knocking down a catcher at homeplate in an Allstar game again? Give me players like Pete Rose anyday over thses bunch of money hungry cry babies.

Honestly, I see where you are going...but did you walk uphill in the snow to go to school also? I mean, you sound like some bitter old man who thinks that everything that has already happened is better than today. Pete Rose is one guy, and he will not be replicated. Everyone who brings up old school talks about Rose. Juan Pierre has a work ethic and love for the game that will rival any player from your day.

It makes me angry to read that you feel that it doesnt mean anything to players anymore. That is insane.

Please, dont paint all players with the same brush. If you are bitter, fine. But dont tell the kids that watch the sport today that everything they see is watered down, and that their role models are cry babies. Perhaps, sir, you should look in the mirror for the cry baby.
"I live for this game. If baseballs went well with eggs, Id eat them for breakfast..."
mcmahojl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby beltrans_boy » Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:17 pm

Wow, I never thought a debate between a bunch of 30 year old men would turn into a pissing match like this.

Grow up.

:-t
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Irish » Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:34 pm

beltrans_boy wrote:Wow, I never thought a debate between a bunch of 30 year old men would turn into a pissing match like this.

Grow up.

:-t

Nah-ah, you grow up!

You started it! I'm telling my mom! :-D

And just so ya know guys, I have no arms or legs, but I still roll to school in ten feet of snow.

I bet if Manny had no arms and legs he would use a nurse or something. What an overpaid wuss. :-t
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers