Mannys uniform - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mannys uniform

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby 4Pack » Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:25 pm

beltrans_boy wrote:
Surfs up wrote:I also want to say I mean no disrespect toyou young posters. You have grown up in a different time.You don't know anything else. You haven't seen what the game used to be like. Except of course in old films. Things change. Hell baseball changed back when the Astro dome was built and they started playing inside. I grew up in a time when it meant something to play the game.It mean something to the players. Think we will ever see anybody play as many games as Cal Ripken jr played? And for the same team?Nope not a chance of even 20% straight games. Somebody made the point about getting the uniform dirty. They don't even like to do that anymore. Have to look good for the pictures.Players can't bunt anymore. They play when they want to. Hardly ever play with an injury.Juan Gonzalez is a good example of that. What a waste of talent. Yes I am old school. But I would rather have yesterdays players. Think you will see anybody knocking down a catcher at homeplate in an Allstar game again? Give me players like Pete Rose anyday over thses bunch of money hungry cry babies.

Give me the money hungry cry babies over the liars, cheaters and overall bad guys like Pete Rose. You wanna talk about somebody whose actions disgraced the game of baseball?

:-P

Alot of fans (including myself) do not consider Pete Rose a bad guy. But....getting into an argument over what Pete Rose did is a waste. If you like today's rich whiners...so be it.
4Pack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Box » Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:28 pm

While we're at it, someone tell Sabathia to fix his damn hat.
Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby 4Pack » Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:49 pm

Box wrote:While we're at it, someone tell Sabathia to fix his damn hat.

LOL...you have seen that picture also. I wonder if he purposely did that? Looks like an idiot wearing it like that.
4Pack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby silverZ » Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:52 pm

Coco Crisp wears his hat on an angle too, but with a name like that he can pull it off
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby Irish » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:12 pm

Old fogies that whine about styles different then their own and always want to compare generations need to get off their high horse. Nobody gives a crap about your opinion, including Manny.

That's why it's cool with me, because he's doing what makes HIM feel good out there playing, not YOU.

Just let them play the game and take thre broomstick out of your butt. :-t
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby 4Pack » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:14 pm

Irish wrote:Old fogies that whine about styles different then their own and always want to compare generations need to get off their high horse. Nobody gives a crap about your opinion, including Manny.

That's why it's cool with me, because he's doing what makes HIM feel good out there playing, not YOU.

And young wet behind the ears fans like yourself will be doing the EXACT same thing 15 years from now.
4Pack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Irish » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:24 pm

4Pack wrote:
Irish wrote:Old fogies that whine about styles different then their own and always want to compare generations need to get off their high horse. Nobody gives a crap about your opinion, including Manny.

And young wet behind the ears fans like yourself will be doing the EXACT same thing 15 years from now.

No, actually I won't, because I actually let people make their own decisions. I don't need to make them for them.

There are some people who I don't like, but it's because of what actions they take, not a freaking untucked pocket.

If, by wet behind the ears you mean not bitter and fickle, I'll take it as a compliment.
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby stevethumb » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:33 pm

josebach wrote:
loophole21 wrote:Whats the big deal?

Are players going to have to dry clean their pants in between innings after sliding? Or how about those guys who use the same hat all year without washing it?

What difference does it make if Manny has his pocket out?

How is getting your uniform dirty while playing the game remotely related to purposely wearing a uniform or hat incorrectly?

Seriously, what difference does it make if he wears his pants backwards or puts a pink bandana around his waste. It's called a uniform... look it up. .... http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=uniform
....that's the definition of uniform..all those who wear it , look alike...by wearing your "uniform" untucked, pockets out, shows disrespect for the name on the front of the uniform..but then again we all know players only care about the name on the back
Last edited by stevethumb on Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby 4Pack » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:35 pm

I just happen to think that players should have a little respect for the uniform and not try to start some new damn trend. Is this untucked pocket a gang affiliated symbol? Is he just a slob? What is so difficult about tucking the pocket? But.....since he is who he is...he most likely believes he can do anything he pleases and nobody would dare say anything to upset him.
4Pack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby beltrans_boy » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:48 pm

4Pack wrote:
beltrans_boy wrote:
Surfs up wrote:I also want to say I mean no disrespect toyou young posters. You have grown up in a different time.You don't know anything else. You haven't seen what the game used to be like. Except of course in old films. Things change. Hell baseball changed back when the Astro dome was built and they started playing inside. I grew up in a time when it meant something to play the game.It mean something to the players. Think we will ever see anybody play as many games as Cal Ripken jr played? And for the same team?Nope not a chance of even 20% straight games. Somebody made the point about getting the uniform dirty. They don't even like to do that anymore. Have to look good for the pictures.Players can't bunt anymore. They play when they want to. Hardly ever play with an injury.Juan Gonzalez is a good example of that. What a waste of talent. Yes I am old school. But I would rather have yesterdays players. Think you will see anybody knocking down a catcher at homeplate in an Allstar game again? Give me players like Pete Rose anyday over thses bunch of money hungry cry babies.

Give me the money hungry cry babies over the liars, cheaters and overall bad guys like Pete Rose. You wanna talk about somebody whose actions disgraced the game of baseball?

:-P

Alot of fans (including myself) do not consider Pete Rose a bad guy. But....getting into an argument over what Pete Rose did is a waste. If you like today's rich whiners...so be it.

I'd prefer a rich whiner to somebody who intentionally broke the rules of baseball. Rose is a scumbag, a cheat and a liar. I'll take Manny's untucked pocket any day of the week.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers