Looking to trade Vazquez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Looking to trade Vazquez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking to trade Vazquez

Postby Bender » Fri Apr 12, 2002 12:26 pm

I was going to trade him for a shortstop so I could upgrade there and then get rid of valentin. I currently have Orlando Cabrera and Jose Valentin at short stop but I wanted to trade vazquez for either Jeter (dreaming) or Nomar. Do you think I could pull off vazquez for nomar and would it be worth it?

I was going to replace Vazquez by dropping valentin to get wolf, so the net result would be:

In - Nomar, Wolf
Out - Valentin, Vazquez

Is that a good idea? I would still have oswalt, pedro, colon, lieber and wolf for my starting pitchers.

Also, how big of an upgrade is lo duca over hall or fick? Because I think I could get him.
Bender

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Bender » Fri Apr 12, 2002 12:43 pm

Oh, I forgot, instead of wolf, I could get vladimir nunez, because really I could use another closer instead of a starter.
Bender
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

SS

Postby cwebb » Fri Apr 12, 2002 12:51 pm

Valentin isn't that bad a player, but getting Nomar would be a nice addition to about any team. Your pitching staff with Pedro and Jon looks like it could keep the pace without Vazquez.

Pitchers are easier to replace, so I'd go for it, maybe you can trade Valentin and another guy for LoDuca before so you have one more roster slot open for Wolf and Nunez (I'm dreaming too)

;)
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bender » Fri Apr 12, 2002 12:55 pm

Do you think Nunez is going to be any good? He is going ok so far but it might not last. Though now that I think about it, if I do trade vazquez I will get nunez instead, because I think my starters are good enough, and there's a 1250 innings pitched limit anyway.
Bender
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Arlo » Fri Apr 12, 2002 5:15 pm

If you can get Nomar (or, theoretically, Jeter) for Vazquez, I'd go for it. Try adding Cabrera to the deal to improve your chances - I don't think most folks would agree to a one-for-one.

I don't think you need to pursue LoDuca, though. A Hall/Fick combo is pretty good already.

I honestly don't know about Nunez. He'll get the chance to show his stuff now, but it remains to be seen if he has a closer's makeup. Looper, though ineffective so far, can't be completely ruled out yet, and Neal is waiting in the wings. Still, any player who'll get saves is worthwhile - just don't expect too much too quickly.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bender » Sat Apr 13, 2002 7:49 am

How does Cabrera and Vazquez for Jeter sound?
Bender
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Arlo » Sat Apr 13, 2002 7:52 am

Sounds good if you can pull it off!

By the way, what takes a Reds fan down under?
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bender » Sat Apr 13, 2002 8:01 am

Well actually I am just starting to get into baseball, as I have always just watched cricket. I must admit I am really starting to like it.

As for the Reds, well I am certainly not a hardcore fan, but so far they are my favourite team, followed by Seattle.
Bender
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Arlo » Sat Apr 13, 2002 8:12 am

Great! It's certainly a great sport, and fantasy only makes it better. Why the Reds?

Hmm... Australians in the majors - now there's a trivia question...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Bender » Sat Apr 13, 2002 8:16 am

Well, I like Ken Griffey Jr and traditionally like Ohio teams in other sports, don't know why. Like the NBA's Cavaliers.

By the way, what do you think of Juan Encarnacion? He seems to be off to a great start, but I can't find anyone but Burroughs to drop for him, and I'm going to stick with him for a while.
Bender
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers