Weeks and Fielder - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Weeks and Fielder

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Weeks and Fielder

Postby messenjah » Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:51 pm

How soon will these guys start producing. I sort of pride myself on picking up top prospects when they get called up before anyone else knows about them, like Morneau last year and Utley this year. I know Weeks and Fielder are expected to be HUGE, but that doesn't necessarily mean right now. When can I expect them to get hot, and should I start trading to make space for them now?
messenjah
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:01 pm

I'd say look for Weeks some time in the 2nd half, he is tearing up AAA right now. Prince on the other hand is more blocked and not as ready, so unless Overbay is traded or gets hurt ... Prince won't play any except maybe in September.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby cnt » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:03 pm

Has Weeks already been called up? I did not see that he has been. I have had him in my watch list for the whole season. Once he is called up I am going with him right away. Call it a gut instinct or whatever, I really think once given the chance he is going to perform and perform well. I just don't think he has been called up yet though. But I could see it happening soon
cnt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby baseballnewb » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:36 pm

They do not want to start Weeks arbitration clock yet so he will not be called up until around the all-star break at the earliest. Fielder I doubt will be up before next year unless Overbay gets hurt.
baseballnewb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hunter19 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:47 pm

Rickie Weeks hit his 11th HR on the campaign and went 2x5 on the night.
hunter19
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hunter19 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:55 pm

Weeks will be brought up sometime in the month of June. He is showing in AAA that he belongs in Milwaukee now. Plus I think he signed a major league contract back when he signed. His clock has already started, but he doesnt have much MLB time clocked. He was brought up 2 septembers ago, plus he signed a MLB deal which officially started his clock the day he was signed.
hunter19
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CPHFighter1 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:04 pm

hunter19 wrote:Weeks will be brought up sometime in the month of June. He is showing in AAA that he belongs in Milwaukee now. Plus I think he signed a major league contract back when he signed. His clock has already started, but he doesnt have much MLB time clocked. He was brought up 2 septembers ago, plus he signed a MLB deal which officially started his clock the day he was signed.

I'm just wondering where they are going to put him if they bring him up in June. JJ Hardy obviously needs some extra time in the minors, and Bill Hall can play SS. No problem there. But I think Spivey has to get dealt before they bring him up. He's not going to come up and ride the pine, that is for sure, and I can't see them sitting down Spivey before he gets traded, even though he's only hitting .238.

Maybe there are some Brewers fans out there that could comment on this?
CPHFighter1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Steve-o » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:12 pm

CPHFighter1 wrote:
hunter19 wrote:Weeks will be brought up sometime in the month of June. He is showing in AAA that he belongs in Milwaukee now. Plus I think he signed a major league contract back when he signed. His clock has already started, but he doesnt have much MLB time clocked. He was brought up 2 septembers ago, plus he signed a MLB deal which officially started his clock the day he was signed.

I'm just wondering where they are going to put him if they bring him up in June. JJ Hardy obviously needs some extra time in the minors, and Bill Hall can play SS. No problem there. But I think Spivey has to get dealt before they bring him up. He's not going to come up and ride the pine, that is for sure, and I can't see them sitting down Spivey before he gets traded, even though he's only hitting .238.

Maybe there are some Brewers fans out there that could comment on this?

There is no way that Hardy will be sent back down. He is doing exactly what is asked of him right now. Check out Robin Yount's numbers his first half year in the majors. Weeks will probably be called up after the all star break, but that is not for sure. Just keep visiting the cafe, someone will post something when he gets the call up.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby hunter19 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:20 pm

JJ Hardy should continue to play SS in Milwaukee. He is a value that can not be measured defensively. He is immediately a gold glove threat at SS. As Butch said in an interview he has the hands to hit, he needs to work on a few things against major league pitching. Recently he has made strides, including a five game hitting streak and some clutch hitting. No way should he be sent to the minors, he is in the majors to stay.
hunter19
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hunter19 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:24 pm

Overbay would have good value out there in terms of a trade. You could package him with a guy like Spivey for prospects and then bring up Fielder and Weeks. This makes even more sense if the Brewers continue to slide.
hunter19
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers