Yahoo 5x5 11 teamer - i think i can win it all - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Yahoo 5x5 11 teamer - i think i can win it all

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo 5x5 11 teamer - i think i can win it all

Postby johnson » Fri May 30, 2003 3:44 pm

Here is my team: Currently in 1st place.

C: Kendall
1B: Helton
2B: Giles
3B: Pujols
SS: Furcal
OF: Patterson
OF: J. Gonzalez
OF: Dunn
OF: P. Wilson
U: Eric Chavez
Bench: Carlos Lee, Jimenez, Crawford, Choi

Pitchers: Start 7 total weekly
SP: Prior, Wood, Millwood, Pedro, Buehrle, Graves
RP: Biddle, Politte, Donnelly, Looper, Percival, Kim

I was thinking about offering an OF plus a closer for vladdy. possibly even adam dunn. this would take care of my batting average problems. you guys think dunn + politte is fair for vlad?
johnson

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby CBMGreatOne » Fri May 30, 2003 4:25 pm

That's a very impressive roster for an 11 team league. How'd you manage that? In any case, although Vlad isn't performing up to the standard his owner would probably hope, Dunn and a closer would be hard to pull of for him, mainly because of Dunn's 222 average. HR's and RBI's though, he's been a monster. I don't know, you have such an impressive pitching staff, maybe you offer Dunn and one of your middle tier pitchers for Vlad and one of his middle tier pitchers, give up a little value at SP and your offense would be monstrous.
CBMGreatOne

how'd i...

Postby johnson » Fri May 30, 2003 5:07 pm

originally also had williamson, jenkins, clemens, maddux, beckett, kearns, charles johnson on my team.

Traded Clemens, Maddux, Beckett (pre-injury) and Charles Johnson for Helton, Buehrle and Kendall

Traded Kearns for Preston Wilson straight up

Traded Williamson and Jenkins for Percival

Picked Giles, Biddle, Politte, and Donnelly up off of waivers.

I'm not about to trade Pedro, Wood, Prior or Millwood... do you think that Graves or Buehrle and Dunn is enough for Vlad?? I don't. I guess I'm in a great position though because with the trade of Kim to Boston I could even lose Percival and be fine at closer.

The team with Vlad has Borowski and Jimenez at closer with Izzy on the DL. I'm thinking I could offer Dunn and Percival for Vlad... would anyone out there take that if you were the other team? Would Juan or Patterson be worth more than Dunn?
johnson

Postby Bricks » Fri May 30, 2003 6:18 pm

i would rather trade patterson and maybe donnelly because of his streak. i wouldn't accept percival, now that he is hurt. if i were you i would trade maybe kim or donnelly with dunn......or with patterson doesn't sound too bad either, this is just an opinion
Bricks

anyone else

Postby johnson » Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:48 am

have any ideas?
johnson

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team