Shout Out - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Shout Out

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:17 am

WharfRat wrote:Wow, that's pretty cool. Is there an FBC cap or something he can wear? Or maybe we could hold him down right before the interview starts and write "Fantasy Baseball Cafe" on his forehead in marker.

or where a big gold neckalce with FBC hanging on it
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WharfRat » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:22 am

acsguitar wrote:
WharfRat wrote:Wow, that's pretty cool. Is there an FBC cap or something he can wear? Or maybe we could hold him down right before the interview starts and write "Fantasy Baseball Cafe" on his forehead in marker.

or where a big gold neckalce with FBC hanging on it

Ha, there you go. "I represent the FBC, homes!"
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby perlick29 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:22 pm

Ha. I didnt see this thread until this morning. Yep I'm going at 4 o clock for the WB exclusive interview. I probably wont be seen on camera but the footage will air in Philly at 10pm. Of course I'm extremely excited and honored to be doing this and thanks to you guys and my roomate bronxxbomber for the good wishes and shoutouts.

No worries about the plugs fo the cafe. As I've stated before once I become the play by play man for a baseball team in the MLB, you guys will be my unofficial sponsors.. ;-D
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WharfRat » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:30 pm

perlick29 wrote:Ha. I didnt see this thread until this morning. Yep I'm going at 4 o clock for the WB exclusive interview. I probably wont be seen on camera but the footage will air in Philly at 10pm. Of course I'm extremely excited and honored to be doing this and thanks to you guys and my roomate bronxxbomber for the good wishes and shoutouts.

No worries about the plugs fo the cafe. As I've stated before once I become the play by play man for a baseball team in the MLB, you guys will be my unofficial sponsors.. ;-D

That's great man...I guess this is the biggest interview you've had so far? Any other big names?

WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby perlick29 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:43 pm

WharfRat wrote:
perlick29 wrote:Ha. I didnt see this thread until this morning. Yep I'm going at 4 o clock for the WB exclusive interview. I probably wont be seen on camera but the footage will air in Philly at 10pm. Of course I'm extremely excited and honored to be doing this and thanks to you guys and my roomate bronxxbomber for the good wishes and shoutouts.

That's great man...I guess this is the biggest interview you've had so far? Any other big names?

This is my first interview for the WB. When I had my radio show I interviewed Mardy Collins of the Temple Owls basketball team. Thi sunday I'll actually be in the Phillies locker room interviewing the players but this is my first.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Thrill » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:48 pm

Congratulations! Hope is goes great! ;-D

...and here's your SHOUT!!!! ;-)
The Thrill
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby WharfRat » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:25 pm

perlick29 wrote:
WharfRat wrote:

This is my first interview for the WB. When I had my radio show I interviewed Mardy Collins of the Temple Owls basketball team. Thi sunday I'll actually be in the Phillies locker room interviewing the players but this is my first.

Wow...not too shabby. Hope there are plenty more to follow. ;-D

WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:47 pm

WharfRat wrote:

He interviewed me. Does that count?? ;-7

I wish that I still had the old cable box. I could fine tune that thing with the best of 'em and get all of the Philly stations.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby perlick29 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:58 pm

Figure I'd let you guys and my roomate know how it went:

It was amazing. I got to interview a player and Paterno although I didnt know FOX and comcast sportsnet would be there. There I was standing next to two seasoned anchors firing questions at a legend. The cameras were all ready to pack it in when I looked down at my question sheet and saw there was one inquiry that I needed to cover for the station. So I built up the courage and asked: "Coach, this will be your 40th year with Penn State. But what do you sya to the critics who think the game has passed you by because of your age?"

The first thing I thought was oh my god I cant believe that just came out of my mouth. He looked at me square in the eye with those heavy perscription glasses that made his eyeballs maginified to the size of grapefruits. He answered, "what do you mean, I'm out there every week screaming and hollering. You tell those critics I'm not ready to go. We're going to be pretty good this year." Newsworthy. After the question the other cameras swung back to him so quickly for the answer it made me a little proud. Then after the conference everyone wanted my e-mail address after they found out it was only my third week as an intern. What a great day it was and when I spoke to Paterno after the conference I said coach it was a pleasure to meet you, and good luck this season. He replied, "nice job, nice to meet ya." WOW. I cant wait for sunday because I dont think I'll be quite as nervous. I felt like I was going to throw up in the anticipation fo him coming in the room. I'll never forget yesterday, and I should say there was one embarrasing moment when a cell phone rang and I looked around to see whose it was but it turned out it was me, and an unregistered number was calling me which is why I didn't recognize the ringtone. Bill Vargas the FOX guy told me afterwords that I learned the hard way on that one. He's a great guy. Here's his pic:

He actually knew who I was as he is a Temple Alumni and we had met a few weeks earlier although it's kind of embarrasing because he saw me working for the WB when I wont be working for FOX until the fall. Overall, an unforgettable day which I'm glad I could share with you guys. ;-D
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mustangs989 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:11 pm

Wow, sounds like an awesome experience Perlick ;-D
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk