New Spybot S & D - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

New Spybot S & D

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby blankman » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:43 pm

I didn't know they had a new one, thanks.

Sorry but I don't know the answer to your question. :-/
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:34 am

Thanks for the info! ;-D I like Spybot. Wonder if I need to download the new one, or if the one I have can just be upgraded? :-?

Not sure on your question. All I do is download the updates, immunize, and search and destroy. I don't mess with the other stuff.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bronxxbomber » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:21 am

Madison wrote:Thanks for the info! ;-D I like Spybot. Wonder if I need to download the new one, or if the one I have can just be upgraded? :-?

Not sure on your question. All I do is download the updates, immunize, and search and destroy. I don't mess with the other stuff.

spybot is wierd. you usually have to dl the new version. upgrades are specific to the build i think.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:57 am

Madison wrote:Thanks for the info! ;-D I like Spybot. Wonder if I need to download the new one, or if the one I have can just be upgraded? :-?

Well, if it helps, I have had version 1.3 for some time and I haven't needed to download another version.

nuggets wrote:

Yea there are new options with more power and a registry guard. This an ad-aware SE are by far the best products of this type I have used.

Those are the 2 proggies that I run. Actually, I also run Spyware Blaster to help keep those things off in the first place. Some people like the MicroSoft beta proggie but it bogged down my system and I don't really like the thought of depending on MS to get rid of tracking info on my system. ;-)

As for registry cleaners, I highly recommend 1. I use Registry Mechanic and it has really helped my PC. In the least, something like PC Bug Doctor is very helpful. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Re: New Spybot S & D

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:27 am

nuggets wrote:Does anyone know how to use the advanced feature without killing your cpu, what tea timer really is or have any good general info on it?

I'm not sure what you mean by the first qustion, but I thought the tea timer was something that monitored the changes to your registry and was what caused those little pop-ups you get every now and then. :-?
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Return to General Talk