Micromanageing kills me... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Micromanageing kills me...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Micromanageing kills me...

Postby AT » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:52 am

dracovonborax wrote:i bench Lance Berkman for Mike Cameron since Cam has been hot and Berkman has had no luck vs. Ortiz....hits a Homerun. my heart says, " play Estrada over Posada today" but i look at it and decide to stick with Posada in K.C. since the Nats have a pitchers park...Homerun. I play Finley today thinking...he's heating up, this isn't all bad since he has gone 2-4 with a run and an rbi. the bad part is, i bench Torii Hunter ot get him in the game... Grandslam. i definately overthought things tonight...anyone else have this problem??

You made the right decisions but that $h*t happens sometimes. I disagree with your reasoning, not your decision, to start Posada instead of Estrada. Frankly I'd start Posada every day over Estrada regardless of the urine on the hands thing, but KC's park is more of a pitcher's park than RFK. I've heard people saying that RFK is a pitcher's park but when they first started playing there again the old ballplayers they said they loved hitting there. That stadium in KC is huge, I watched the last 2 Yanks games there and Jeter, ARod, and Sheffield have all hit bombs that have gone to the track and not further. I think RFK is more of a hitter friendly park. You made the right decisions though. Can't bench Cameron right now, or Posada for that matter as he has looked much better at the plate in the last few weeks.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BigMusky » Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:02 am

LouisC9999 wrote:
t2green2 wrote:This is the reason in my money league (H2H) I have no bats on my bench. Never second guess myself unless its who I dropped or traded.

This is how I avoid stats on my bench as well. However, it's TORTURE when my batters aren't hitting well collectively.

I keep one guy on my bench that I can plug in for days when others guys are not playing due to little injuries or open schedules. But I really dont ever pay attention to matchups to base my decision on whether to play them or not. If I notice one guy in colorado though I will usually throw him in.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:04 am

RynMan wrote:It's because of this guy called Murphy.

I wanna kick his butt and show his law down his throat...but yea I have the same problem..I micromanage and get killed
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby gws226 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:26 am

Pedro Feliz has been my achillees heal all season.

After going 1/10 I bench him last night against the lefty...... 2/4 2runs
After going 1/19 last week, bench him for the night 2/4 2HR 2rbi

He has to be the streakiest player on my roster this year, and I out of his 8 HR 32RBI 27R I think I've only had him in the lineup for 2HR, 12RBi, 15R just because I've second guessing matches and beching cold streaks. :(
If you found my advice helpful, please help me
gws226
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Micromanaging

Postby bigjimblue » Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:42 am

Be thankful you have so many options. I do well to field a lineup that is actually playing that day!
bigjimblue
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby davidmarver » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:09 pm

I think micromanaging is only useful with your middle relievers. I don't think anyone has too much success with their lineups, but when you micromanage your relievers, you will be better off. I carry six relievers on one team that has room for 4 relievers. If a reliever has pitched two games in a row, I bench them the next game. I may sub in a reliever if the starter on his team that day isn't very good (possible vulture win). There are other times I switch, but you get the idea.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers