Do all owners think their team is golden? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Do all owners think their team is golden?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Do all owners think their team is golden?

Postby Justblaze » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:26 pm

I'm currently in first and I would like to get more power. I offer Ichiro and Roberts for Aramis and Sweeney and he comes back and counters with Ichiro and Pujols for Aramis and Cameron. In another trade I offer Carlos Lee and Ichiro for Sheffield and Bay and he also counters with Ortiz, Ichiro, and Roberts for Sheffield, Alou, and Dmitri.

Are my trades that insulting. I think I am offering fair deals. I look at their roster and try to improve both our teams. It just seems like they counter with ridiculous offers. Does this also happen to you guys?
Justblaze
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby uucrook3d » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:30 pm

i actually dont think the 2nd trade is that bad. the first one is horrible though.

i wouldnt sweat it though. everyone is just trying to improve their team as much as possible, possibly by swindling someone
uucrook3d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Irish » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:30 pm

Be glad he rejected them, you are OVERPAYING.

But yes, some owners think their guys are better then they are, but it's more a case of greed. They try to take you for a sucker. If they intially offer me a bad trade I counter and explain why I did, but if I send them a fair trade and they piss and moan or counter with some BS I really get pissed, because they are insulting my intelligience.

The guy is not someone you want to trade with, just let it go.
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Drunken Rhino » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:34 pm

I agree. Nothing ticks me off more than an owner not wililng to explain. If I offer crap, say, this is crap and not fair, here is what I think is fair deal, so at least I know how you value your players.
Drunken Rhino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby elldog5 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:35 pm

Whoever rejected your Ichiro and B. Roberts for Sweeney and Ramirez is the fool, unless he really had no use for them. But damn, you are overpaying in both situations.
elldog5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AKhomebrewer » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:37 pm

Funny thread. Yeah, almost every time I try to trade in my league people act like I'm trying to ship the '62 Mets for their '27 Yankees ... even if they're buried in the bottom half of the standings and I'm offering to fill their greatest need while taking from their area of greatest depth.
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby BigMusky » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:41 pm

Ever notice how people like this NEVER win the league...because they are idiots.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby BillyHoe » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:46 pm

elldog5 wrote:Whoever rejected your Ichiro and B. Roberts for Sweeney and Ramirez is the fool, unless he really had no use for them. But damn, you are overpaying in both situations.

I agree, that offer was golden. I wouldn't trade Ichiro and B.Rob for those 2.
BillyHoe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RJCarrot » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:49 pm

I had this same problem early on.

I had:

Manny, Abreu, Sheffield, Burrell, Bradley.

3OF and 1UTIL.

As a first time player, I thought that because they were producing the most if one were to get hurt I should keep all of them. Passing on good trades.

Meanwhile my pitching was kicking my butt.

10's in 6 stats and 1's in 6 stats < 7's and 8's in all stats.

Once you get over the fear of having less debth security and having more field variety you will do alot better. but having people like that in a league hurt it as a whole because they kill an entire roster spot for everyone hogging the debth.

You cant win a baseball game with 9 3rd basemen...
RJCarrot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: In a clock tower w/ a high powered rifle in clear view of David Bell in the batters box.

Postby Justblaze » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:51 pm

My lineup is pretty strong in SB and AVG so I need power and wanted to make sure to make a deal they wanted, they wanted it. Put alot of thought into my deals, that is why I use this forum as guidance. Just hate it when they simply reject and counter something that is so apparently lopsided. Thanks for you input. I've only made one deal in my league so far and it was proposed to me lol... And then a couple of people got made because the deal was unfair. I recieved Gagne and Pavano for Vasquez. That may also be way they keep rejecting my fair trades.
Justblaze
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers