Roberto Hernandez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Roberto Hernandez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Roberto Hernandez

Postby uanap » Thu Apr 11, 2002 3:06 am

Kansas City closer Roberto Hernandez, expected to be activated off the DL Monday, instead learned he still has inflammation in the flexor tendon of his right elbow. In fact, team doctors fear the tendon may have a slight tear. As such, Hernandez will be shut down for 10 days and will remain on the disabled list. "It's more of a precaution than anything else," Royals GM Allard Baird. "He just needs rest at this point." He's expected to miss three or four more weeks.

My save situation is a mess. I have Dye on the DL (only allowed one DL spot) and Leskanic taking up a roster spot. Do I gamble on Grimsley getting some saves and drop Hernandez? I heard he's not all that safe of a bet this year anyways.

I know Dye is expected back soon and then I can move Leskanic to the DL, but these three are creating a lack of ebb and flow in my lineup. I almost feel like I am wasting a roster spot on Hernandez.
uanap
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:15 am

Ouch. That's a tough situation to be in. Still, I'd hang in there and not make any moves that might come back to bite you. A month of Grimsley won't make too much difference compared with what Hernandez will give you during the rest of the season (if he comes back healthy). I'd wait for Dye's return, move Leskanic to the DL as you said, and take it from there. Grimsley won't be spectacular; it's entirely possible he'll still be available by the time you've cleared a spot.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan » Thu Apr 11, 2002 11:40 am

yeah, I back up Arlo here! A month of Grimsley wouldnt give you as much as Hernandez the rest of the season.

Of coz its a little bit of a gamble considering his health, but I think it's worth it!
Dan
Maitre D'
Maitre D'

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Baseball Leftovers