What's the biggest comeback u've ever had in a Roto League?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What's the biggest comeback u've ever had in a Roto League??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What's the biggest comeback u've ever had in a Roto League??

Postby dellnet2000 » Tue May 31, 2005 11:12 pm

At this point in the season is it too early to give up in a 6x6 roto league??? I'm in 8th place in a 10 team league. 35 points out of 1st.... Is there hope??

would love to hear some great comeback stories...if there are any

dellnet2000
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue May 31, 2005 11:18 pm

too early to give up especially if u have a few guys on the DL... you can make those 35 points up if things go well with you either by guys getting hot or a few trades go your way..... just look at the points standings, and formulate a plan to get the most points u can
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mazz » Tue May 31, 2005 11:37 pm

I've gained ~40pts in the last 3 weeks. Made some trades and good FA moves. Anything is possible.
Mazz
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Trot Nixon » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:27 am

5 weeks ago, a guy in my league had 57 points in a 14 team league, he now has 90 and in 4th place (1st 4 teams get $$) I'm looking at the same situation as the guy was in, so I'm hoping for the same success :-o Come on Huff and Sheets!
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Postby stumpak » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:08 am

If you have a fundamentally good team that has sufferred injuries and has a bunch of guys who started slow, it is quite possible to storm back at this point. Last season I was in dead last (13th place) at the beginning of May and in 9th at the beginning of June and I came back to take second (and $500), wit major thanks to Santana and Teixera and the smart move of trading Schilling for Tejada. In fact I was still in 4th going into the last weekend of the seaons and took second thanks to picking up Bonderman off the WW for his 2-hitter against the Rays. Amazingly, the 8 Ks he got in that game were the difference between 2nd and 4th. So there is hope.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Drunken Rhino » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:12 am

Went from 7th to 1st overcoming 40+ last year. Which makes me scared this year b/c I'm in 2nd, 15 behind 1st and 30 clear of 3rd to the guy who I beat last year and his team is injury riddled this year. But you just have to see where your team is lacking in the standings and try not to give up too much for a single category.
Drunken Rhino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:17 am

last year i was in dead last at this time in a 10 team (probably 40 points out) and was able to climb within a few points of the lead for awhile but finally ended up in 3rd, 7 points back.

went from worst to first in most picthing cats, but trading for Santana and Peavy right before the broke out and picking up Ollie Perez and Chris Carpenter was a huge help.

the best part was, i traded Pettitte and Dotel for Santana and Peavey, and it was origonally shot down becasue the league felt i was giving up too much 8-o
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby d18Mike » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:49 am

35 points ain't nothin'.

I was 11th in a 12 team league in mid-June. Finished a strong second.

My hitters pepped up and I'm sure there was a lot of luck involved, as there always in in FB. But it was mostly from working the WW on pitchers.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby redsoxguy111 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:55 am

In this public roto league, I had around 40 points and in dead last at the beginning of the year. Now I'm in 4th and I have 78 points. Don't worry. ;-D

Thanks Soty for the amazing sig.
redsoxguy111
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dellnet2000 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:26 pm

redsoxguy111 wrote:In this public roto league, I had around 40 points and in dead last at the beginning of the year. Now I'm in 4th and I have 78 points. Don't worry. ;-D

thanks there is hope
dellnet2000
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers