Mike Hampton - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Mike Hampton

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mike Hampton

Postby Texican » Tue May 31, 2005 9:13 pm

4 innings and 56 pitches.....did he get hurt again?
Texican
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RJCarrot » Tue May 31, 2005 10:13 pm

Not sure, I hope not. I know he was on a pitch count. Not sure what the count was set to. They werent going to have him go a whole game in the first place.

Anyone know if it was a pitch count or a re-injury? Either way he did pretty good for coming back off the DL.
RJCarrot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: In a clock tower w/ a high powered rifle in clear view of David Bell in the batters box.

Postby j24jags » Tue May 31, 2005 11:18 pm

this is wat i found

Mike Hampton threw four scoreless innings against the Nationals tonight in a return from tightness in his forearm.
Hampton gave up five hits, walked two, and struck out one. The Braves apparently wanted to play it safe with Hampton, as he threw only 58 pitches even though he was not lifted due to injury. Baring a negative report on the forearm during the week, you’ll want him active versus the Pirates next start.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby echrisl » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:02 pm

ESPN posted this yesterday:

NEWS: June 1
SKINNY: Hampton, who left his last start after four innings due to tightness in his pitching arm, feels he can make his next scheduled start, but the Braves say they will know more after a throwing session on Thursday, the team's official web site reports.

ROTOWIRE SPIN: Hampton said he may have been able to pitch through the problem in his last start, so perhaps this isn't too serious. Still any setback could land him back on the DL.
echrisl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby echrisl » Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:50 pm

:-t Crap

ESPN (again):

NEWS: June 4
SKINNY: Hampton returned to the 15-day disabled list Saturday with tightness in his left forearm, five days after he lasted only four innings in his first start since missing more than two weeks with the same problem, the Associated Press reports.

ROTOWIRE SPIN: Making matters worse is that Hampton, who's been pitching great when he's not hurt, will miss a start Sunday against the Pirates. "Yesterday he threw great, but it hurts on every pitch he threw," manager Bobby Cox said Saturday. Not a good sign, and when asked how long he expects Hampton to be out, Cox said, "Two weeks for sure."
echrisl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RJCarrot » Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:53 pm

My sentiments exactly. I dont know how much longer Young and Capuano will be able to platoon his spot on my team for me while hes gone.

Next Week:

Young @ Philly
Capuano @ Home vs Yankees

I was really banking on behing able to go with

Hampton @ Home vs Oakland....

Gonna be a rough week.
RJCarrot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: In a clock tower w/ a high powered rifle in clear view of David Bell in the batters box.

Postby Texican » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:29 pm

Not good:

Jun 7 Updating previous items, Paul Newberry, of the Associated Press, reports Atlanta Braves SP Mike Hampton (forearm) is due to visit Dr. James Andrews in Alabama after an MRI exam taken on his sore left forearm indicated a previous, undiagnosed injury.
Texican
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Texican » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:45 pm

Any new news out there?
Texican
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Texican » Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:32 pm

:-o
Texican
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bdrotoronto » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:16 am

Rotowire:

Jun 22 Hampton's injured forearm has not shown any improvement after the prescribed two weeks of rest and there is no timetable for his return. "I don't think it's something minor," Hampton told the team's official web site. "I'm frustrated. All I can do is hang out, do what they tell me to do and have them pay me not to play."

Recommendation: He may begin light throwing this week, but it sounds like it will be several more weeks before he's able to return, if not longer.

I am dropping him. That doesn't sound good.
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates