Felipe Lopez Thoughts? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Felipe Lopez Thoughts?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby gws226 » Tue May 31, 2005 10:10 pm

I think Lopez has a lot to prove to warrent a pick up if you only have 7 transactions for the entire season.
If you found my advice helpful, please help me
gws226
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AT » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:48 am

pmacxx2 wrote:I probably should have noted we have 28-man rosters, plus one DL spot. So, you can have 29 players under your control. The logic behind limited transactions is to increase trade activity between teams and place greater empahsis on our auction draft. Of my 4 transactions I've used thus far I'm happy with 3 (Mike Sweeney, Craig Biggio, Huston Street). All 3 have provided me with production at weak or injured positions on my team thus far this season. The 4th transaction was also my first, John Patterson. I admittedly got caught up in Patterson's hot start and a positive endorsement from Baseball Prospectus, but now view his addition as a waste of transaction.

Getting back on topic, any Cincy fans who've gotten a large sample of Lopez?

Lopez would have to keep it up through June for me to go after him, and under those conditions it's likely that he will go untouched by anyone else for the same reasons you're avoiding him. It's not like he's a sleeper anymore that noone has considered. On John Patterson however, he looked good last night and if his back is fine you can write off his last 2 starts before the injury to pitching through a bad back and expect him to go back to putting up solid performances like he did last night. I wouldn't consider it a wasted transaction by any means.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:19 am

he's the next Clint Barmes
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby ActionHero » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:57 am

I agree with swyck here. Lopez's multi-position eligibility give him extra value in a league like yours. If he can keep this up (which I believe he can), he won't be there in a month.

swyck wrote:The thing is, with the few moves you have, at least Lopez can play a bunch of positions. You may not have any moves left at the end of the year, but at least Lopez can fill in anywhere you have injuries. Assuming he is still hitting that is.
ActionHero
College Coach
College Coach

Postby korwin » Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:35 am

I would pick up lopez. By the way he's playing, he probably won't be benched when the other guy returns.
korwin
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:25 am

After seeing the Phillies' game last night, I would stick with Utley. He has as many, if not more, HR and SB - and in about the same amount of PT. Again, when Polanco gets traded, there will be no obstacles to full PT. Throw in the limited # of moves and I'd stay put.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby pmacxx2 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:18 pm

Watching Utley this week I've convinced myself I'm in no hurry to pick-up Lopez. It's probably more logical to allow injury to force my hand on Lopez. We'll see how it plays out.
Stretch! Stretch!
pmacxx2
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers