Reds Possibly Dumping Veterans and 1 Year Contracts by July - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Reds Possibly Dumping Veterans and 1 Year Contracts by July

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pokey » Tue May 31, 2005 8:22 pm

This is the year wrote:Pokey,

So you read SoSH? The Overbay idea has been bounced around a lot on there. If not Dunn, I would definitely like to see Overbay in a sox uniform

I don't read SOSH actually, too many Red Sox fans at one time can be overwhelming for me :*) . But I'm not surprised the idea's been kicking around, as it would be a pretty perfect match.
Pokey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:14 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:This is your punishment Slomo for mocking the Cubs. You will forever be doomed to mediocrity by your ownership. :-b

At least we're mediocre by choice.

As long as we don't flat out give away players like the Mets seem to do, I'm fine with it. The Reds desperately need some contact hitters, as all of their power guys are strikeout prone, which really hurts the run production. I don't really want to trade Dunn, but if he won't be affordable anyways, I see no reason to not trade him. It's not like Cincy is going to be a contender within the next season or two. I do like their talent, but they can't seem to put it together consistently. That, and their overall pitching is terrible (bullpen, starters, and even middle relief).
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby superfly » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:25 am

Trot Nixon wrote:But anywho, Dunn will be another Bellhorn to the Sox if they bring him in, and instead of seeing K or double like they do with Bellhorn (more like 14 K's to every double), we'll see K or HR with Dunn. I would try to get either a Sean Casey who's an OBP machine or Huff and offer Shoppach.

You realize Dunn leads the majors in walks going into today, right?
superfly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby slomo007 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:29 am

superfly wrote:
Trot Nixon wrote:But anywho, Dunn will be another Bellhorn to the Sox if they bring him in, and instead of seeing K or double like they do with Bellhorn (more like 14 K's to every double), we'll see K or HR with Dunn. I would try to get either a Sean Casey who's an OBP machine or Huff and offer Shoppach.

You realize Dunn leads the majors in walks going into today, right?

If you hate how Bellhorn grounds in to DPs, just wait until you get Casey. :-°

He's one of the greatest guys in the game, but he's slower than poop.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby MinorityAuthority » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:00 am

Why haven't they given up on Paul Wilson & Rich Ageoruilla?? Hey if the Rays could get rid of Zambrano last year maybe the Reds can get rid of Milton as well. :-o
Please help me out...

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=133433
MinorityAuthority
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby matmat » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:04 am

MinorityAuthority wrote:Why haven't they given up on Paul Wilson & Rich Ageoruilla?? Hey if the Rays could get rid of Zambrano last year maybe the Reds can get rid of Milton as well. :-o

are the mets buying?
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers