Anybody selling high on Bedard? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Anybody selling high on Bedard?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CPHFighter1 » Tue May 31, 2005 9:43 pm

KolbSaves wrote:You're missing the point though.

Whether you got him for nothing or not doesn't matter now. What matters now is acquiring the players who will do the best for the rest of the season. The money or high draft pick you spent on so and so player doesn't mean you have to stick with that player. You can't get those dollars back or that draft pick back. You can only move forward and make the best decisions from here on out.

Looks like there is at least one other economist in the room. Its funny, once you grasp the sunk cost concept, you see it everywhere. And far too often, people just don't get it. Yoda is saying 'most people' don't honor sunk costs, and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he isn't one of them. Otherwise, he's far outgunned in a logical sense on this one.
Really though, this thread is silly. I didn't post in it earlier because I thought it would just die off. How exactly does one sell high on Bedard right now? I don't recall ever being able to sell high a guy on the DL unless you know something about his injury others don't. Bring this thread back IF he comes back and has a decent start or two. At this point, the thread is suggesting that Bedard will come back, throw well and raise his value, then his value will fall (before which you should sell). I don't recall anyone ever forecasting two turning points like that (value down, value up, value down).
CPHFighter1
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby t2green2 » Tue May 31, 2005 10:15 pm

Who cares I like bedard and have him and will not trade him. Yes I got him off WW and dumped.........crap I dont even remember who I dumped for him. Bottom line is I believe and if I am wrong I have lost a player I can't even remember.
t2green2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers