Steve Finley...is his bat waking up??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Steve Finley...is his bat waking up???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Steve Finley...is his bat waking up???

Postby dracovonborax » Tue May 31, 2005 11:42 am

he is floating around in my fa pool because his owner gave up on him early and his average is nothing to praise. i have noticed that it is slowly climbing now and he has 7 HR so i'm wondering if he's coming around or this is just a hot streak of sorts and he is really just old now?
dracovonborax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ChoneJohn » Tue May 31, 2005 3:47 pm

Finley's problems early in the year are pretty well documented throughout his career, but his bat tends to really heat up in the summer months. I swung a trade for him earlier in the year, and although I felt like I was getting screwed the past month and a half, I've been patient, feeling pretty secure that Finley will turn it up. And it looks like without Vlad around, he's doing just that. I would certainly take a flier on him if he's a FA in your league, 'cause even though his average is still down, those hits he has gotten have all been pretty important (statwise) ones. Also, he's already got somethign like 5 steals, which is a nice bonus from an aging OF. Snap him up I say...he won't be as effective as in years past, but he'll be better than a lot of others.
Go Tigers!
ChoneJohn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Fpower » Tue May 31, 2005 4:00 pm

I've patiently held on to him knowing that his April stats are traditionally awful. I'd recommend grabbing him now that he's heating up. While batting .200 he's somehow managed to hit a bunch of home runs, stole bases, and got some RBIs. If he starts hitting more consistently his numbers could be very nice.
Fpower
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ChoneJohn » Tue May 31, 2005 6:47 pm

I just turned down an offer to trade Finley for T. Nixon, so I'm obviously banking on Finley's BA to go up. What he's done with those rare hits he's had is pretty impressive.
Go Tigers!
ChoneJohn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers