roger suckdeno - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to St. Louis Cardinals

roger suckdeno

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

roger suckdeno

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Tue May 31, 2005 10:47 am

i think its well past time we get rid of this bum. i dont care how much of his salary the mets are paying for, there has got to be someone in the minors or on waivers or in the mexican league that is capable of outplaying this schmuck.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue May 31, 2005 10:56 am

I agree but Tony likes that he is a switch hitter.
Hopefully at the end of the year Gall will have his roster spot.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:13 am

Yeah, where do we sign up for the "Get rid of Cedeno" fan club? :-° They finally got it right and gave him an error tonight. :-o
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:30 pm

The Post is reporting that Cedano didn't play yesterday cause of a bad hammy. He might be hitting the DL soon.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:49 pm

there are rumors that cedeno will hit the DL and skip schumaker will get the call up from memphis. no confirmation though. schumaker is a a solid defensive guy from what i understand but only average with the bat. still, average would be an approvement over cedeno right now.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:05 pm

its official. cedeno to the dl and schumaker called up.

Roger Cedeño - OF - STL

Cardinals placed outfielder Roger Cedeno on the 15-day disabled list with a right hamstring strain.
The Cardinals don't believe Cedeno will need 15 days off, but they weren't willing to play short-handed against the Red Sox. ''He's very unhappy, which is understandable,'' manager Tony La Russa said. ''But you can't have a four-man bench.'' Jun. 6 - 7:26 pm et

Skip Schumaker - OF - STL

Cardinals purchased the contract of outfielder Skip Schumaker from Triple-A Memphis.
Schumaker was hitting .238/.331/.397 in 58 games. He's strong enough defensively to have a career as a reserve outfielder, but he's not going to hang around once Roger Cedeno returns. Jun. 6 - 7:24 pm et

i wonder how long roger will stay on the DL, and if schumaker shows any signs of life if they would cut roger loose.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:22 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:i wonder how long roger will stay on the DL, and if schumaker shows any signs of life if they would cut roger loose.

If they haven't done it yet, it would take a hell of a performance by Schumaker to make it happen I would imagine. :-?
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:11 pm

blurb from the post dispatch:

Outfielder Roger Cedeno played left field Tuesday night for Memphis. He was one for three in a 6-2 loss to Round Rock.

La Russa indicated that Cedeno, sidelined June 6 by a strained right hamstring, will be reactivated sometime next week.

looks like cedeno could be back soon. i hope that seabol gets hot and stays up here (and learns to play OF) and schumaker gets sent down when rolen comes up.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby RAmst23 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:33 pm

Makes sense for Schumaker to get sent down.. I've always wondered why Cedeno is on this team. His role is taken up by Taguchi, why have two players who perform the exact same function??

On a completely other note, I hope to be posting here in the StL forums more often. I've lived around StLouis my whole life, love the Cardinals, been to 6 games this year, and hope to continue going. Go Cards!
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:26 pm

RAmst23 wrote:Makes sense for Schumaker to get sent down.. I've always wondered why Cedeno is on this team. His role is taken up by Taguchi, why have two players who perform the exact same function??

On a completely other note, I hope to be posting here in the StL forums more often. I've lived around StLouis my whole life, love the Cardinals, been to 6 games this year, and hope to continue going. Go Cards!

well welcome then. i hope you stick around. i think the appeal of cedeno originally was the he was a switch hitter although thats kind of irrelevant at this point since he cant hit from either side of the plate. i am wondering if there is some provision in the trade whereby we become responsible for a larger portion of his contract if we DFA him because its just doesnt make too much sense to keep him otherwise.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Next

Return to St. Louis Cardinals