Victor Martinez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Victor Martinez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:40 pm

It seems like VMart is waking up a little bit after the benching and moving down in the lineup.

Temper your expectations but his minor/major league stats are very solid. I projected him to improve on his 04 production but that ain't going to happen. There is enough time though that he can still finish top 5 in his position.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mugrila » Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:52 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:In my 10 Team H2H League (For which I'm in 1st by 1 Game) I dropped Tyler Walker for VMart and I already have Joe Mauer, leaving me C Cordero, Turnbow, and KRod coming off the DL as soon as I decide who to drop to free up the roster spot. Tough call between Patterson, Lee, Escobar, Harang, and Young. I have a week to decide since I won't need him against the last place team to win saves this week. Suggestions?

i suggest you try the trade/keeper/wavier forum ;-) ;-D
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby AT » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:43 pm

Mugrila wrote:
Atrophying Testicles wrote:In my 10 Team H2H League (For which I'm in 1st by 1 Game) I dropped Tyler Walker for VMart and I already have Joe Mauer, leaving me C Cordero, Turnbow, and KRod coming off the DL as soon as I decide who to drop to free up the roster spot. Tough call between Patterson, Lee, Escobar, Harang, and Young. I have a week to decide since I won't need him against the last place team to win saves this week. Suggestions?

Really? Where's that?? :-?

i suggest you try the im a dork/pointless post/rather than help forum ;-) ;-D
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mugrila » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:08 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:
Mugrila wrote:

Really? Where's that?? :-?

i suggest you try the im a dork/pointless post/rather than help forum ;-) ;-D

you're very angry, i was just trying to say that your question was sort of random and out of place for this thread. you turned a vmart thread into a who do i drop thread. i meant no disrespect, but it looks like i hurt more than helped by completely moving this thread off-topic.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby brock middlebrook » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:13 pm

Darkie Satchels wrote:He will not break out. And even if he does - it won't be beneficial. Look, this guy had a great August/September last year - that's it. He's been cold as a fish since March. Every time he actually makes contact with the ball (which I can count on two hands this season) people start saying "He's coming out of it." I know you don't want to cut your losses, but sometimes in life, you have to in order to get in the profit rehlm again.

Now, if you have a bench spot open, maybe I'd justify keeping him but I can also name 20 other wire players that deserve that spot moreso than V-Mart and his craptacular hitting. Drop. Drop. Drop. :-t

Boy, that was a timely post...
brock middlebrook
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby beltrans_boy » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:27 pm

Darkie Satchels wrote:
oukurt wrote:Or you just could of typed "I have no credibility." or "I make sh*# if it helps in trying to make my point."

I don't desire credibility. I just didn't look it up - went by memory which is obviously my mistake on this point which I digressed upon and retracted.

You need to learn some manners, choad.

EDITED BECAUSE OF LANGUAGE :-t
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby josebach » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:14 pm

beltrans_boy wrote:
Darkie Satchels wrote:
oukurt wrote:Or you just could of typed "I have no credibility." or "I make sh*# if it helps in trying to make my point."

I don't desire credibility. I just didn't look it up - went by memory which is obviously my mistake on this point which I digressed upon and retracted.

You need to learn some manners, choad.

I agree, but "oukurt" didn't have to be a jerk about it. He had already admitted he was wrong.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers