Anyone else getting worried with Barmes? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Anyone else getting worried with Barmes?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue May 31, 2005 11:18 am

If you bought high/drafted him early in a midseason draft then you should start to worry...but you should have started worrying the moment you bought high on him.

If you picked him up as a FA/drafted him late in the draft then there's no reason at all to worry. He's got the talent to put up serviceable numbers as an everyday player and good to great numbers against lefties at home. For a FA pickup I'll take it! ;-D
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bobblehead » Tue May 31, 2005 11:56 am

I was a little worried as well until I checked out possible free agents to replace him on the waiver wire. Even though he is "down" his down numbers are still better than anything out there to replace him with.
Bobblehead
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby bronxxbomber » Tue May 31, 2005 12:00 pm

ok, this is funny. no one can expect a player to hit 400 for a season, but he's been garbage for a week or so but its about as long as he's been on the road.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Tue May 31, 2005 1:17 pm

He'll probably finish the season at .270 or so...
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby jr461 » Tue May 31, 2005 2:01 pm

acsguitar wrote:He'll probably finish the season at .270 or so...

He will have to hit .241 the rest of the way for .270 for the year, assuming 550 AB.

He gets one more week for me to turn it around as he is at home this week. He is 6 for 48 since 5/18. If no sign of coming out of it this week (at least high .200's or so with some production for the week), he goes on the bench.
9 team, 5 x 5. 2C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, CI, 5OF, Util, 9P.
jr461
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue May 31, 2005 2:13 pm

I see him as being able to hit in the .280's to .290's with some consistancy. Nowhere near the power he flashed earlier though. He's probably a .285, 10-15hr, 10-15sb guy longterm (r's/rbi's depend completely on who else is in the lineup with him). I don't see him ending up anywhere NEAR .270 after his blistering start though. Even if he hit .270 the rest of the way he ends up around .281-.288 depending on how many ab's he gets. I think he has enough talent to end up in the .290's this year if not a bit higher. I *don't* think he'll be seeing 20hr's though (which he's certainly on pace to get).
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby BigMusky » Tue May 31, 2005 2:14 pm

I have been happy since he was a WW pickup when Nomar went down. You just have to accept that he will suck on road trips and hopefully rock at home....no pun intended B-)
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby stevethumb » Tue May 31, 2005 7:15 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:I see him as being able to hit in the .280's to .290's with some consistancy. Nowhere near the power he flashed earlier though. He's probably a .285, 10-15hr, 10-15sb guy longterm (r's/rbi's depend completely on who else is in the lineup with him). I don't see him ending up anywhere NEAR .270 after his blistering start though. Even if he hit .270 the rest of the way he ends up around .281-.288 depending on how many ab's he gets. I think he has enough talent to end up in the .290's this year if not a bit higher. I *don't* think he'll be seeing 20hr's though (which he's certainly on pace to get).
.....at the start of the year i saw him as .280 w/15 HRs and 15 SBs..i got him off the waiver wire in august last yr for $6 so if he gets those #s the rest of the way then that's OK w/me
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers