MONITOR HELP PLEASE - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

MONITOR HELP PLEASE

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:57 am

Thanks to all who helped here. I am still looking but you have pushed me in the right direction. ;-D
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:49 am

newegg.com is really good
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:54 am

acsguitar wrote:newegg.com is really good

That's where I get all of my stuff. ;-D And something else, unless you're really hurting for space, the flatscreen LCDs aren't worth the extra money if you ask me. I've never seen a decent one that didn't cost twice what a high quality CRT does.
Image
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 6480
Joined: 6 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Swiping second

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:05 am

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
acsguitar wrote:newegg.com is really good

That's where I get all of my stuff. ;-D And something else, unless you're really hurting for space, the flatscreen LCDs aren't worth the extra money if you ask me. I've never seen a decent one that didn't cost twice what a high quality CRT does.


I have thought about that but those flatscreens just look so nice. ;-7 :-D

I actually have a decent amount of room here:

19" H
20" W
14 3/4" D (plus the big cutout in the back)

This temporary 13" screen looks so lonely here. :-°
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:30 am

Lofunzo wrote:I have thought about that but those flatscreens just look so nice. ;-7 :-D

I guess I have to be more practical being on such a tight budget. :-b I'd get the biggest monitor you can though. I got a 15" thinking it would be fine, but a couple weeks after I had it I was wishing I'd gotten a 17" or even 19". :-[
Image
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 6480
Joined: 6 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Swiping second

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:44 am

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:I have thought about that but those flatscreens just look so nice. ;-7 :-D

I guess I have to be more practical being on such a tight budget. :-b I'd get the biggest monitor you can though. I got a 15" thinking it would be fine, but a couple weeks after I had it I was wishing I'd gotten a 17" or even 19". :-[


Well, I'm thinking at least 17". This pinner 13" is just too small and I can't see what 2 more inches will do. My GF might disagree. ;-7

Anyway, I am gonna try for 19" but might settle for 17" if the right deal comes around.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:55 am

Currently my favorite monitor is a 21" flat-screen Sony Trinitron. Not really into flat panels. Not worth the money to me. ;-D
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:40 am

Amazinz wrote:Not really into flat panels. Not worth the money to me. ;-D

;-D
Image
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 6480
Joined: 6 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Swiping second

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact