John Patterson

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon May 30, 2005 11:46 am

He coming off the DL this week?
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Gepfar » Mon May 30, 2005 12:14 pm

cbs has him listed as a 2 start pitcher, but I have not seen any indication that he is coming back
Gep
Gepfar
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby NZF » Mon May 30, 2005 7:38 pm

News
The Nationals will activate John Patterson from the 15-day disabled list in time to start Tuesday's game against the Braves, reports the Associated Press. He has been out since May 16 with back spasms.

Views
Those in daily leagues should return Patterson to their lineup for Tuesday's game and those in weekly leagues will be able to use him next period.

Personally, I'm not overly excited about this guy's return to the mound. Too much hype surrounding him after a couple of good starts in hitters parks against ordinary offenses. The two times I've seen him pitch I wasn't that impressed so I tossed him back on the WW pile. No regrets at all.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bradg533 » Mon May 30, 2005 8:14 pm

New Zealand Fan wrote:News
The Nationals will activate John Patterson from the 15-day disabled list in time to start Tuesday's game against the Braves, reports the Associated Press. He has been out since May 16 with back spasms.

Views
Those in daily leagues should return Patterson to their lineup for Tuesday's game and those in weekly leagues will be able to use him next period.

Personally, I'm not overly excited about this guy's return to the mound. Too much hype surrounding him after a couple of good starts in hitters parks against ordinary offenses. The two times I've seen him pitch I wasn't that impressed so I tossed him back on the WW pile. No regrets at all.

did the same thing, dont think he will amount to anything...
Props to C_DubYah
Bradg533
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AT » Tue May 31, 2005 10:14 am

I have deep rotations in most of my leagues and I've been dealing with him on the DL for a while now and I hope I'm not being overly optimistic in thinking he has a chance to get back to looking fairly good. He was sick in Spring Training and until his back was hurt he looked terrific. I'm assuming he was probably pitching through some pain in the last couple starts he had before going inactive and if he is sufficiently rested and 100% healthy :-? I think he could return to good form. The thing with these back injuries is they usually recur before disappearing so I think at this point he is hit or miss. I have my fingers crossed, but not much invested in him.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mcmahojl » Tue May 31, 2005 10:40 am

New Zealand Fan wrote:News

Views

First, wouldnt pitching well in a hitter's park add to you being a good pitcher?

Secondly, ordinary offenses?
6H, 2ER against FLA
2H, 0ER against ATL

1 HR in 41 innings pitched, and averaging almost one k per inning.

If he is healthy, I think things will pan out for the better. Keep an eye on him.
"I live for this game. If baseballs went well with eggs, Id eat them for breakfast..."
mcmahojl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby George_Foreman » Tue May 31, 2005 12:43 pm

great start, but 13 BB in his last 21.1 IP has me worried...
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AT » Tue May 31, 2005 12:46 pm

George_Foreman wrote:great start, but 13 BB in his last 21.1 IP has me worried...

I have a lot of that caused by him battling the bad back. Hopefully he is healthy and strong again after the time off.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Will Clark » Tue May 31, 2005 2:28 pm

New Zealand Fan wrote:
News

Views

First, wouldnt pitching well in a hitter's park add to you being a good pitcher?

:-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b

Personally I like what Patterson has to offer. I dropped him to clear room, but plan on getting him back soon.
Will Clark
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby NZF » Tue May 31, 2005 3:28 pm

mcmahojl wrote:

Secondly, ordinary offenses?
6H, 2ER against FLA
2H, 0ER against ATL

1 HR in 41 innings pitched, and averaging almost one k per inning.

If he is healthy, I think things will pan out for the better. Keep an eye on him.

Yep ordinary offenses. You obviously haven't done your homework, the Braves are hitting below .220 on the road this season (worst in the NL).

Also, you're badly missing my point about the pitchers park. All 7 of his starts have been in heavily favoured pitchers parks and in his last 3 starts in these favourable conditions his ERA is 6.80 and his Whip is 1.80.

Unless you're in a deep league or an NL only this guy has very limited value and is being way over rated due to a couple of handy starts in favourable conditions to start the season.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers