When is TOR going to put Wells back in the 3,4 or 5 spot? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

When is TOR going to put Wells back in the 3,4 or 5 spot?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

When is TOR going to put Wells back in the 3,4 or 5 spot?

Postby chinch sacs » Mon May 30, 2005 2:15 am

He has been hitting great and they still have him batting 6th...

Since May 11th:

18/59 (.305) 12 R, 5 HR and 12 RBI

When do they move him back up?
Fantasy sports are ruled by the 50-50-90 rule...

Anytime you have a 50/50 choice between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beltrans_boy » Mon May 30, 2005 2:32 am

I've been wondering the same thing. Then again, Vernon has been producing lately, so if it ain't broke, why fix it?
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Rance Mulliniks » Mon May 30, 2005 9:33 am

beltrans_boy wrote:I've been wondering the same thing. Then again, Vernon has been producing lately, so if it ain't broke, why fix it?

I agree with this. He seems suited to the 3 spot, but if he's hitting well after a horrid start, I wouldn't tinker. He has had a couple games in the 5 spot lately.
Mulliniks Watch: Still stuck on 1325 games 3569 AB 445 R 972 H 73 HR 435 RBI 0.272 AVG 15 SB
Rance Mulliniks
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby chinch sacs » Tue May 31, 2005 2:19 am

Was in the 5 hole tonight, but only went:

0/3 with a BB...

But as a whole TOR didnt bat very well tonight, lets hope he stays in the top half of the line-up ;-D

Anytime you have a 50/50 choice between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Surfs up » Tue May 31, 2005 7:37 am

Hitting well? Better take a good look at his numbers over that last two weeks. he has one game with two home runs . the next game he has a couple of hits . then nothing for three or four days . Slow starter? 1st of June guys. Hell Marcus Thames has numbers almost as good as Wells and he has only played part time.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 195)

Postby toofunnyy » Tue May 31, 2005 5:14 pm

You obviously don't understand big words like "well".

Seeing as his season average is .234 (was < .220) and in the last month he's hit .276 5 HRs 12 RBIs 2 SB.

So yes, since the horrid start, he has hit pretty well. His average is up, HRs heated up, and hopefully the RBIs will start coming. Is he hitting well compared to A-rod? Well no. But he clearly referenced it by stating how bad of a start he got off to. He never said he's having a slow start as you yapped how it's June 1st. He said he got off to a horrid start, but is NOW hitting well. This is fairly accurate.

So unless you really have anything to add (beyond whining about someone’s post, when in fact you're the one you failed to grasp his simple points) then you should probably keep it to yourself.
toofunnyy Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Rance Mulliniks » Tue May 31, 2005 6:44 pm

toofunnyy wrote:You obviously don't understand big words like "well".

Seeing as his season average is .234 (was < .220) and in the last month he's hit .276 5 HRs 12 RBIs 2 SB.

So yes, since the horrid start, he has hit pretty well. His average is up, HRs heated up, and hopefully the RBIs will start coming. Is he hitting well compared to A-rod? Well no. But he clearly referenced it by stating how bad of a start he got off to. He never said he's having a slow start as you yapped how it's June 1st. He said he got off to a horrid start, but is NOW hitting well. This is fairly accurate.

So unless you really have anything to add (beyond whining about someone’s post, when in fact you're the one you failed to grasp his simple points) then you should probably keep it to yourself.

;-D
Mulliniks Watch: Still stuck on 1325 games 3569 AB 445 R 972 H 73 HR 435 RBI 0.272 AVG 15 SB
Rance Mulliniks
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby toofunnyy » Tue May 31, 2005 11:03 pm

I wonder if Wells is NOW hitting "well".
toofunnyy Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby chinch sacs » Tue May 31, 2005 11:08 pm

HAHA!

I was just going to come in here and mention he has gone 2/2 2r, 2HR, 5 RBI so far today, and low and behold, I already had some back up.

;-D

Thanks guys.

chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mrmarley » Tue May 31, 2005 11:10 pm

chinch sacs wrote:he has gone 2/2 2r, 2HR, 5 RBI so far today

hmmm, those sound like well numbers indeed! ;-D
mrmarley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor