Post Your All-Star Ballot - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Post Your All-Star Ballot

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RJCarrot » Mon May 30, 2005 1:30 am

My NL list was pretty much a mix of Phillies and White Sox cause thats who I like to see play.

Yes im biased. But that be what I like.
RJCarrot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In a clock tower w/ a high powered rifle in clear view of David Bell in the batters box.

Postby eftda » Mon May 30, 2005 1:31 am

You guys vote for those that should be in the game, or who you want to be in the game?
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RJCarrot » Mon May 30, 2005 1:34 am

I think the people that I want to be in the game SHOULD be in the game =)

If there was a way to vote for a 7th inning Dave Bell sacrafice I would have voted all 25 times possible.
RJCarrot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: In a clock tower w/ a high powered rifle in clear view of David Bell in the batters box.

Postby Mets4Life » Mon May 30, 2005 1:41 am

RJCarrot wrote:My NL list was pretty much a mix of Phillies and White Sox cause thats who I like to see play.

Yes im biased. But that be what I like.

I didn't know the White Soxs were in the NL :-D

And wheres your list? :-?
Mets4Life
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RJCarrot » Mon May 30, 2005 2:03 am

Doh, made myself look like quite the retard there didnt I?
RJCarrot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Mon May 30, 2005 2:10 am

C
NL Hernandez (Piazza wins)
AL Tek

1B
NL Lee (Pujols wins)
AL Sweeney

2B
NL Counsell (Biggio wins)
AL Roberts

3B
NL Wright (Larry wins)
AL Arod

SS
NL Barmes
AL Tejada (Jeter wins)

OF
NL Abreu
NL Edmonds
NL Cabrera
AL Ichi the killer
AL Vladdy
AL Sheff

I can't say I really enjoy the AS game. It's just an excuse to get drunk. I don't really have a preference from that perspective, I vote based who I think deserves it.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon May 30, 2005 10:50 am

NL

C - Jason Varitek
1b- Derek Lee
2b- Craig Biggio
3b- Chipper Jones
SS- Clint Barmes
OF- Miguel Cabrera
OF- Bobby Abreu
OF- Carlos Lee
DH- Cliff Floyd

SP- Pedro Martinez
SP- Dontrelle Willis
SP- Josh Beckett

RP- Jason Isringhausen
RP- Chad Cordero

AL

C - Jason Varitek
1B- Mark Texeira
2b- Brian Roberts
3b- Alex Rodriguez
SS- Miguel Tejada
OF- Gary Sheffield
OF- Johnny Damon
OF- Ichiro
DH- David Ortiz

SP- Roy Halladay
SP- Johan Santana
SP- Mark Buerhle

RP- Francisco Cordero
RP- BJ Ryan
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Matthew M. » Tue May 31, 2005 7:27 pm

I'll post my picks later, but, based on glancing through this thread, I am stunned hardly anyone has chose Cesar Izturis as the NL starting SS. He is the NL hit king right now, leads MLB in multi-hit games and does something that Clint Barmes can't do: hit on the road. While Barmes has been very good for the Rockies, he's only batting .255 on the road, while 6 of his 7 HR's are at Coors. Izturis is one of, if not, the best defensive SS in the game and it's criminal how overlooked he always is. Out of Barmes and Greene - the people who are mentioned the most so far - Izturis has the superior fielding percentage by far. (Barmes: .957 FPT, Greene: .962 FPT, Izturis: .985 FPT) He won the Gold Glove last year and I think, right now, he definitely should be the starting NL SS in the All-Star Game, but sadly, probably won't, because not many have heard of him, but he gets my vote.
Matthew M. Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby warrick95 » Tue May 31, 2005 7:56 pm

AL
C- Jason Varitek: The heart and soul of the Sox is leading them both on and off the field.
1B- Mike Sweeney: You have to give the man some love for putting up and producing in that situation. If he had some better players around him, his R/RBI numbers would be much better.
2B- Alfonso Soriano: It's close between Roberts and Soriano, but I just can't take Brian Roberts.
3B- Alex Rodriguez: He's flat out producing right now.
SS- Miguel Tejada: I almost took Jeter, but Tejada's playing way too well in the middle of one of the most lethal offenses in the league.
OF- Vladimir Guerrero: One of the most dangerous hitters in the game.
OF- Gary Sheffield: Not slowing down though he's aging. Bat speed is still incredible.
OF- Ichiro Suzuki: Combines class with performance. Superb arm and right and sets the table. One of the best hitters in the game.
SP- Roy Halladay: He's back. Allowing less runs than Johan Santana.
RP- Dustin Hermanson: Hasn't been more dominant K-wise than BJ Ryan, K-Rod, and Nathan, but he deserves it.

NL
C- Ramon Hernandez: Not many good candidates...his numbers are the best.
1B- Albert Pujols: Best hitter in the game?
2B- Jeff Kent: Carried the Dodgers during their April run.
3B- Chipper Jones: Despite hobbling from multiple injuries, he's hitting as well as ever and a big part of the yet again, first place Braves.
SS- Cesar Izturis: Clint Barmes has been superb as a rookie, but Izturis has been a top leadoff hitter this year, making his game complete. He was already the best defensive SS in the game.
OF- Bobby Abreu: The total package.
OF- Miguel Cabrera: The sky's the limit for him, as he climbs to the upper echelon of hitters at his tender age.
OF- Milton Bradley: The third OF slot is extremely close, but I have to go with my man Milton. His numbers are extremely solid and he has come a very long way mentally. You've seen him walk away from umpires after a disagreement and even held a teammate away from an argument. Will he break out in a big way this year with everything together?
SP- Pedro Martinez: He's been worth every penny of his contract with the Mets this year. Pedro probably won't pitch this well towards the end of the deal, but he's been incredible so far this year in his return to the NL.
RP- Trevor Hoffman: Still doing it with a fastball below 90 MPH.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Scooter1027 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:47 am

AL

C Jorge Posada (basically a tie with Varitek for me)
1B Mark Teixiera
2B Brian Roberts
SS Miguel Tejada
3B Melvin Mora (alright, statistically it's A-Rod, but I just don't vote for players I don't like)
DH David Dellucci (again, Ortiz is the statistical choice. Basically, I try to avoid voting for the Sox and Yanks. They get enough votes)
OF Vladimir Guerrero
OF Ichiro Suzuki
OF Kevin Mench

NL

C Ramon Hernandez
1B Derrek Lee
2B Craig Counsell
SS Cezar Izturis
3B David Wright
OF Brady Clark
OF Bobby Abreu
OF Carlos Lee (Brewers favoritism here, real tough to pass on Miguel Cabrera)
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers