Help with lyrics... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Help with lyrics...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:56 am

tuff_gong wrote:If my heart were made of bases, you'd be Scott Podsednik.

That was beautiful man!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BigMusky » Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:23 am

why dont you just sing a song that is already written? It will probably sound much better and no one will look down on you for it. It just high school, the stupid Idols dont even write their own songs.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby davidmarver » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:57 pm

BigMusky wrote:why dont you just sing a song that is already written? It will probably sound much better and no one will look down on you for it. It just high school, the stupid Idols dont even write their own songs.

We won battle of the bands off originals. We're a pretty good band and we already have a song written, just without words. No need to worry though; we have English teachers workin' on it for us. I realize that playing a cover would be easily and less time consuming, but then the audience has something to compare it to and has reasonable expectations for the song. Besides, by playing a cover you also are bypassing one of the biggest reasons why we play music: creativity. It's also much more satisfying to hear praise after playing your own song. Thanks for the advice though. ;-D
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:03 pm

davidmarver wrote:Besides, by playing a cover you also are bypassing one of the biggest reasons why we play music: creativity. It's also much more satisfying to hear praise after playing your own song.

That's why you want help from us and now you've got English teachers working on it for you? :-b
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:24 pm

Cover bands are lame I applaud your wanting to be original...I have played guitar for 12 years or so and I always get annoyed at cover bands that have groupies...its such a scam
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby BigMusky » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:59 pm

Graduation has to be pretty close. It is going to be hard to write the song and practice it well enough that you dont suck it up in front your friends, family and basically everyone that knows you. I agree that writing your own song would be alot cooler and memorable, but might not be practical given time constraints.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby WharfRat » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:36 pm

I would play "School's Out Forever" or whatever it's called by Alice Cooper. That song is beyond cool.

Having said that, it takes a lot of guts to put something original and unique out there. More power to ya, I hope it goes well. ;-D
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby davidmarver » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:45 pm

BigMusky wrote:Graduation has to be pretty close. It is going to be hard to write the song and practice it well enough that you dont suck it up in front your friends, family and basically everyone that knows you. I agree that writing your own song would be alot cooler and memorable, but might not be practical given time constraints.

Like I said before, the song itself is completely finished, except the lyrics. We have how we're going to sing it, we just don't have what the words itself will be. The song is pretty good, we've already recorded it on pro-tools...I'll post a link to it if I can find a site that'll host MP3 or WMV files formats. The song is kinda like "Time of Your Life" by Green Day in that it's the same sort of style, but it's more intricate and includes a pretty kick-butt bass line. But yeah, we're ready to perform it at graduation; we have it down nearly flawlessly...it isn't too difficult to play (except on guitar, but our guitarist Ryan Kern completely rips so that's no worry).

And Mookie, after further review I decided to let my teachers have at it. Remembering Eftda's spelling convinced me :-b .
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:08 am

davidmarver wrote:
BigMusky wrote:Graduation has to be pretty close. It is going to be hard to write the song and practice it well enough that you dont suck it up in front your friends, family and basically everyone that knows you. I agree that writing your own song would be alot cooler and memorable, but might not be practical given time constraints.

Like I said before, the song itself is completely finished, except the lyrics. We have how we're going to sing it, we just don't have what the words itself will be. The song is pretty good, we've already recorded it on pro-tools...I'll post a link to it if I can find a site that'll host MP3 or WMV files formats. The song is kinda like "Time of Your Life" by Green Day in that it's the same sort of style, but it's more intricate and includes a pretty kick-butt bass line. But yeah, we're ready to perform it at graduation; we have it down nearly flawlessly...it isn't too difficult to play (except on guitar, but our guitarist Ryan Kern completely rips so that's no worry).

And Mookie, after further review I decided to let my teachers have at it. Remembering Eftda's spelling convinced me :-b .

Try Rapidshare.com
They will host it..
anyways send it to me...Ill see what I can do and maybee rip a killer solo over it just for the heck of it
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby davidmarver » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:44 am

acsguitar wrote:
davidmarver wrote:

Like I said before, the song itself is completely finished, except the lyrics. We have how we're going to sing it, we just don't have what the words itself will be. The song is pretty good, we've already recorded it on pro-tools...I'll post a link to it if I can find a site that'll host MP3 or WMV files formats. The song is kinda like "Time of Your Life" by Green Day in that it's the same sort of style, but it's more intricate and includes a pretty kick-butt bass line. But yeah, we're ready to perform it at graduation; we have it down nearly flawlessly...it isn't too difficult to play (except on <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=guitar" onmouseover="window.status='guitar'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">guitar</a>, but our guitarist Ryan Kern completely rips so that's no worry).

Try Rapidshare.com
They will host it..
anyways send it to me...Ill see what I can do and maybee rip a killer solo over it just for the heck of it

Sounds good...we'll actually extend one of the songs a few extra measures so you can solo through it. We all get to solo in that song (both guitarists and me, bassist) so yours should fit in fine. I'm a big music enthusiast. I'll get the song hosted once we polish it off (we just have to balance the audio levels and we'll be finished with about 4 songs). We've currently made 9.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk