FBC Heads-Up Poker Challenge: Week 1 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

FBC Heads-Up Poker Challenge: Week 1

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Baseballer02 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:35 am

Bumping this up to remind people to play their matchups.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:42 am

Baseballer02 wrote:Bumping this up to remind people to play their matchups.

Just got back from Shreveport, so when do they have to be played by, what site, and what are the stakes?

Figured that stuff would be nailed down before we got started, but I can't seem to find the answers to any of it. :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Baseballer02 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:43 am

Madison wrote:

Just got back from Shreveport, so when do they have to be played by, what site, and what are the stakes?

Figured that stuff would be nailed down before we got started, but I can't seem to find the answers to any of it. :-?

Match has to be played be 11:59 pm Saturday. Everything else is up to you and your opponent to decide.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Madison » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:49 am

Baseballer02 wrote:
Madison wrote:

Match has to be played be 11:59 pm Saturday. Everything else is up to you and your opponent to decide.

Oh that won't cause any confusion. :-S

We'll see how long this lasts.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:34 am

On this note, I'm posting to ask the powers at be and Soop for an extension. I've been communicating with Soop for most of the week but due to the fact that I have just graduated college and still am in the process of moving into my own place, I don't have any internet access. Anytime I post it's from someone elses computer, without any poker software, and for minutes at a time. That, coupled with the fact that my life is utter chaos this week, and that I'm out of town anyway Friday and Saturday make this weeks matchup with Sooper pretty much impossible right now.

Surely you can all understand these extenuating circumstances. I'm not trying to blow this off after I had made a commitment, but right now I'm at a loss for how I could get this done by the end of the week. I'm still fighting with neteller, to boot!

To add to this ridiculousness, I just got a job that will take me away from computers this summer for two solid weeks. From June 24th through July 8th, there is no way I'd be able to play my matchups. I'm inclined to think this is going to happen to at least one or two other people vacations or whatnot, so is there anyway to loosen these rules to provide that all matchups much be played by a certain date and that's all?

I don't want to be a pain, but this is my predicament right now. Had I known about the job (was just offered it yesterday) I wouldn't have joined. Please accept my apologies, and let me know whether my match to Sooperspam is a forfeiture, whether I'm being kicked out of the entire thing, or if the rules can be modified. Again, my sincerest apologies.

Thanks everyone.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby so0perspam » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:11 pm

Extension definitely granted. ;-D Baseballer and I did discuss this issue, and we agreed that it'd be more towards the "finish your matches before the last day of the last week" deal. So just let me know when you'd be able to play via PM and we're set. :-)
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:37 pm

Thank you Soop for being so understanding.

So, it would be okay if this first match ran into the next period? Like I said, I wanted to have it played today, but still don't have internet or neteller up and working. Out of town Friday and Saturday, back Sunday, but if I can't work out the nonsense with my bank before I leave tomorrow morning we would have this match spill into Monday.

Baseballer, is that within the rules you envisioned? I realize you wanted it done in the first week, but would it be impossible to get it done a day or two later considering my situation? Also, what can would be done about the two weeks I'm without internet access while I am away working? Could I try and make arrangements with those people to get it done before I left?

Thanks for all the help, and understand that I didn't forsee any of this stuff, and don't mean to cause a problem.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby so0perspam » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:16 pm

Here are the 3 ways you could resolve a vacation/absence from the computer issue:

Example: You'll be gone the whole 3rd and 4th weeks
1) Make up the Week 3 and 4 matches on the 2nd week, meaning you'll play 3 matches in Week 2 (Week 2, Week 3, and Week 4).
2) Make up your missed matches when you get back on Week 4, so you'll play 3 matches in Week 4 (Week 2, Week 3, and Week 4).
3) Preferred Method: Give up your life and/or all your money for the welfare of the other 11 members participating in the Poker Challenge. :-)
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:00 pm

so0perspam wrote:Here are the 3 ways you could resolve a vacation/absence from the computer issue:

Example: You'll be gone the whole 3rd and 4th weeks
1) Make up the Week 3 and 4 matches on the 2nd week, meaning you'll play 3 matches in Week 2 (Week 2, Week 3, and Week 4).
2) Make up your missed matches when you get back on Week 4, so you'll play 3 matches in Week 4 (Week 2, Week 3, and Week 4).
3) Preferred Method: Give up your life and/or all your money for the welfare of the other 11 members participating in the Poker Challenge. :-)

Yeah, that's the plan. As long as that is cool with everyone else that is what I'll do. As far as our match, Monday looks like the day. Sorry buddy, and thanks again. :-/
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Postby wrveres » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:05 pm

I can't find the week 2 schedule ..

anybody have a link
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer