Who's more ridiculous? Joe Morgan or John Kruk? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who's more ridiculous? Joe Morgan or John Kruk?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RugbyD » Tue May 31, 2005 10:25 am

looptid wrote:Kurk is the worst. His Page 2 columns over at ESPN.com were the least professional texts I've ever read. No one named Andy Chavez ever played centerfield for the Expos. Vernon Wells didn't fail to hit 40 homeruns in 2004 like he did in 2003 because Vernon Wells hit 33 homeruns in 2003. He also listed Corey Koskie in a list of players underperforming that were keeping their respective teams out of the postseason while the Twins were in first place.

He just shows up and collects a paycheck. That and Curt Schilling should win the Cy Young last season because he had more wins. Too bad every last sportswriter with a vote knows otherwise.

I read one article of his and it was really sad. The guy can't write above a 3rd grade level.

Subject-predicate. Subject-predicate. Fragment. Subject-predicate. Fragment. Fragment.

Since I haven't come close to adjusting to the new Cubs announcers, I've started tuning it to some other games. I already knew he was good but now I really realize how great Steve Stone really is and how dead an announcers booth is without him.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bobblehead » Tue May 31, 2005 12:02 pm

The worst of all the ESPN analysts has to be Rick Sutcliffe. He is so PC it is ridiculous. To him everyone is is either great or will be great if you give them 5 years or more. He never has a bad word about anyone. Never a criticism. I think he wears rose colored glasses.
Bobblehead
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby BobbyRoberto » Tue May 31, 2005 12:58 pm

I like the announcers for the Brewers. I think Bill Schroeder is one of them. When I was a kid, I remember him having a great APBA card one year. The Brewers' guys are pretty funny, they don't take things too seriously, they criticize if a player or play needs to be criticized, they point out crazy "Buckethead" fans in the Brewers' outfield stands. It's enjoyable watching one of their games on the Extra Innings Package.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby BigMusky » Tue May 31, 2005 1:04 pm

Kruk admits to having no reason for what he says...I like it when Peter laughs at him
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Tue May 31, 2005 1:46 pm

To me, Morgan is the worst. He acts like a know-it-all, yet knows nothing. When he's wrong, he won't admit it and simply ignores what he said earlier. For example, had Miller told them the Sox were No. 1 in OBP, he would have simply stated that it was a function of their hitting - and would ignore the fact he was flat out wrong.

I also agree with his inability to be a color commentator.

Anyway, I will not watch a game that he commentates. He makes listening unbearable. I'll either watch on MLB TV or get updates from the game via computer and watch something else.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers