Who's more ridiculous? Joe Morgan or John Kruk? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who's more ridiculous? Joe Morgan or John Kruk?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby beltrans_boy » Mon May 30, 2005 12:13 am

Agreed. Neyer knows his stuff.

Btw, King...time to update the siggy.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HOOTIE » Mon May 30, 2005 12:40 am

eftda wrote:DHC, Madison and Hootie should host baseball tonight. ;-D

EFTDA, i like you. :-D
Heck, i would do it for half of Kruks salary lol.

When they assemble any announcing team, i think entertainment is the 1st priority. They try to put in a former player, a analyst, and a entertaining person. Kruk is the entertainment. He would look good in a Adam Sandler movie. The problem with former players, is they think they know everything (Morgans comments). I really like Kurjian and Gammons. A few years ago, Dave Campbell was good. The 2 guys who drive me crazy are Brantley and Bowa. The one nice thing about Kruk is he is really your average Joe.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 305)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby BobbyRoberto » Mon May 30, 2005 1:47 am

My biggest complaint about Morgan is exemplified by his quote in my first post because it was blatantly wrong and easily checked. Jon Miller should have known off the top of his head that it was wrong as well. Morgan is in the broadcast booth to add some insight to the game and he often misinforms the audience.

The in-studio guys serve a different function than the broadcast guys. Kruk is a moron but he's funny to watch because of it. I just can't wait to hear the next stupid thing he'll say. I haven't watched enough Baseball Tonight this year to get a feel for how it is, other than Kruk being a moron.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Mon May 30, 2005 1:51 am

Since we're running down most of the ESPN baseball side, what's everyone's opinion of Steve Phillips? I really like him, but wasn't he part of the group that ran the Mets into the ground? They're always bringing him in to talk about personel decisions and such, and I just thought that was kinda weird. Or am I getting him confused with someone else? :-?
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Longhorns76 » Mon May 30, 2005 1:01 pm

I can't believe that Moron, I mean Morgan thinks the Rangers still need another bat. Now tell me how a team that leads baseball in HR's needs more bats? I won't say that I wouldn't take another, but I'm not going to argue with what they already have. I'm sure if Griffey would be traded to the Rangers Morgan would think its the greatest trade ever. However, I'm not taking Nix, Mench, or Hidalgo out of the OF to make room for that POS.

It's statements like that that make me think that Morgan just keeps his job because he is a tenured member of ESPN.

No wonder Dibble left ESPN. He was probably sick of hearing all the morons speak their crap all too often.

I personally thought Buck Showalter was great. He was very watchable and always had intellgent things to say. But I'll say that I'm glad he's with the Rangers now and hopefully will stay there for a while.
"Relievers are like volatile stocks. They're the one asset you need to watch closely, and trade for quick profits." --Billy Beane
Longhorns76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby socceryank » Mon May 30, 2005 2:23 pm

I can't stand friggin' Joe Morgan...he especially drove me nuts last night during the Sox/Yanks game. How many times do we need to hear him say "I like this Wang kid" or "No comment" regarding the fielding errors. The absolute worst was his comments about how Mussina was pitching well but the Sox were just hitting good pitches, only later to have Torre say they yanked him because his stuff was too flat.
C M. Montero
1B AGonz
2B Uggla
3B Zimmermann
SS Jeter
OF J Upton, McCutcheon, Choo
Util Kendrys Morales
BN Pena
DL Gardner
SP Gallardo, Bumgarner, Latos, Zimmermann, Luebke, Jaime Garcia, Hughes, Burnett
RP League, Marshall, Betancourt
socceryank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mugwump » Mon May 30, 2005 2:53 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:Since we're running down most of the ESPN baseball side, what's everyone's opinion of Steve Phillips? I really like him, but wasn't he part of the group that ran the Mets into the ground? They're always bringing him in to talk about personel decisions and such, and I just thought that was kinda weird. Or am I getting him confused with someone else? :-?

I've been wondering the same thing. :-?
Mugwump
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mugwump » Mon May 30, 2005 2:59 pm

socceryank wrote:I can't stand friggin' Joe Morgan...he especially drove me nuts last night during the Sox/Yanks game. How many times do we need to hear him say "I like this Wang kid" or "No comment" regarding the fielding errors. The absolute worst was his comments about how Mussina was pitching well but the Sox were just hitting good pitches, only later to have Torre say they yanked him because his stuff was too flat.

Another instance was his take last week concerning Bonds. He talked about how 'we' are hyping it up too much and nobody needs to hear costant reports of his knee situation. He sounded off in Bonds defense I thought. A little too much for my liking.

Overall, I don't mind Morgan. Reynolds is okay. However, Kruk has to go. He is by far the most annoying of the three.
I was in Los Angeles, and the team was playing in San Diego, but I didn't know it. I had taken LSD at noon. I thought it was an off-day. At 1pm, my girlfriend and trip partner looked at the paper and said, "Dock, you're pitching today!"
Mugwump
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Surfs up » Mon May 30, 2005 3:19 pm

I would say Ah You know ah You know Joe Ah You Know Morgan. God I can't stand to listen to him. Last nights game Arod made that error He showed it three or four times how Arod should have played it on the short hop. Well maybe in slow motion it looks good but I think Arod didn't have time to charge that ball in real speed. That was his only play. Now I'm not a HOF second baseman but a little leaguer could see that play . Does he have to analize every freaking pitch and play? Sit back Joe and enjoy the game.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 271)

Postby max1889 » Mon May 30, 2005 6:53 pm

Doesn't hold a candle to THE REM-DOG!
max1889
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext