Do any of you know user "rubberbandan" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Do any of you know user "rubberbandan"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Do any of you know user "rubberbandan"

Postby Boris Milk » Thu May 29, 2003 3:17 am

This guy invited me into his "Fantasy Baseball Cafe" Yahoo private league where I was doing quite well until a few days ago when he decided to lock my team and drop Bonds off my team and pick him up for his own team. I am still locked so I can't post or make line-up changes. Why are there people like this?

Anyways, if any of you know him or know how I can reach him I would appreciate it. He uses this forum from time to time and I've e-mailed him on his yahoo account and also left him a message here. So own up to your cheating ways punk. I would love to hear from you.

~Boris Milk
Boris Milk
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jdh » Thu May 29, 2003 3:21 am

The only way that he could have changed your roster and dropped Bonds is if you set your team to give him roster edit control. You should never allow that in a private league, because there is no reason for a commish to be touching other teams' rosters. You could try emailing Yahoo (I think they have a link for complaints in their help section), and they might take action against him.

If he isn't answering his Yahoo account, and doesn't have an email listed in his profile on this forum, there's probably not really any way of reaching him.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Guest » Thu May 29, 2003 6:44 pm

Hey Boris, I'm in first in that league. I don't think he was liking the way we were kicking his tail. It's pretty weak stealing players off a team then locking the league. I didn't give commish access to my team so he couldn't steal any of my players but it sure blows not having access to our teams. So much for private leagues. :-/

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby bleach168 » Thu May 29, 2003 7:44 pm

Wow... people can be such a-holes when they can hide behind a computer screen.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby Boris Milk » Fri May 30, 2003 3:12 am

Hey Gold... Please go post in that league. I am unable to because he locked my team. I enjoyed competing against you while I could. I have learned my lesson about not letting the commish have access to your team. I would really appreciate it if you called his cheating butt out on the carpet. Tell him to unlock my team so I can compete again. Heck, he can keep Bonds. I just don't understand any of it...

Thanks,
Boris
"Only 2 kinds of people wear sunglasses indoors; Blind people and assholes."
Boris Milk
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:17 pm

you should go ahead and post the league # and his yahoo email address here.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby wrveres » Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:32 pm

Anonymous wrote:you should go ahead and post the league # and his yahoo email address here.

I was just gonna say .. we could make it like a Bitch forum ..
whenever Wade Miller Gives up 8 Ers .. we just release on to his email address or forum in the league .. to the guy that still has access .. can you get us informaton ..??
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 720)

Postby Captain Crash » Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:13 pm

What do you mean he can keep Bonds? Just what is going on here that you would let him keep Bonds? And stay in the league?
Captain Crash
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jdh » Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:15 pm

He probably just wants to be able to get back and control his team that he spent two months working on, and would be willing to lose Bonds just to do it. Since the lame brain that stole Bonds is the commish, and basically has full control over everything, there's nothing that he can really do about it beyond reporting him to Yahoo and hoping they do something.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Nisly » Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:51 pm

The commish ruined the integrity of the league. I would try to contact the other owners, let them know what happend and organize some sort of mass exodus. As soon as he unlocks the league to allow for transactions, everyone should drop every player on their team. It really sucks to waste a couple months working on your team, but this guy doesn't deserve to have anyone in his league. If he wants total control of the league, let him see how fun it is when everybody leaves. If he really had enough balls to pull this shit, what's to stop him from being shady for the rest of the year? Cut your losses and get out now. It's not too late to create a second chance league with the rest of the owners in your current league. This didn't even happen to me and I'm pissed off.
Nisly
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers